Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0 any news with third party apps ?

Reaction score
Hi folks,
does anyone reached to make Litchi or other third party apps to connect with drone once installed on the display of the GL300K controller?

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
Hi, did you read the subject? Did you read the model of the controller I wrote?
Yep! I read every word.

I see you mentioned you already tried this in this thread:

Did you contact Litchi for help?

Yep! I read every word.

I see you mentioned you already tried this in this thread:

Did you contact Litchi for help?

Litchi does not have a direct contact for help, but a Facebook Group where I wrote three months ago and nobody found a solution.
Unfortunately the GL300K controller of the P4P+ V2.0 is totally different from the P4P+ controller. On the GL300K the "Usb loop" does not work.
So I'm writing again since I hope that someone in these three months maybe found a solution... not only for Litchi... Since I have no problem to install it on the controller, the problem is for all the third party app to connect to the drone once installed.

Litchi does not have a direct contact for help, but a Facebook Group where I wrote three months ago and nobody found a solution.
Unfortunately the GL300K controller of the P4P+ V2.0 is totally different from the P4P+ controller. On the GL300K the "Usb loop" does not work.
So I'm writing again since I hope that someone in these three months maybe found a solution... not only for Litchi... Since I have no problem to install it on the controller, the problem is for all the third party app to connect to the drone once installed.

This is a common question from owners of the Plus controller (v1 or v2). Since the version of Android on the controller does not support the Play store, it is not something that will generally be "fixed" across the board for all 3rd party apps. If you need to install many 3rd party apps, it would be easier to obtain the regular Pro controller and use it with the tablet of your choice.

You can obtain the Pro controller and switch between the two controllers as you see fit. That is what I do with my Phantom 4 Pro. Pairing the controller I need for a specific flight only takes a few seconds and is very simple to do.

This is a common question from owners of the Plus controller (v1 or v2). Since the version of Android on the controller does not support the Play store, it is not something that will generally be "fixed" across the board for all 3rd party apps. If you need to install many 3rd party apps, it would be easier to obtain the regular Pro controller and use it with the tablet of your choice.

You can obtain the Pro controller and switch between the two controllers as you see fit. That is what I do with my Phantom 4 Pro. Pairing the controller I need for a specific flight only takes a few seconds and is very simple to do.

Hi,
thank you for your answer, but I've no problem installing apps on the controller even making the Play Store to work on the controller.
The problem is _only_ the connection with the drone. In CrystalSky or V1 controller you can make the "usb loop". On the V2 seems that the USB is not for data transfer, but only file transfer.
Someone must find an hack or a workaround to tell the silly Android to make the usb port usable for flight data transfer! Do you know if anyone is working on it ?

Hi,
thank you for your answer, but I've no problem installing apps on the controller even making the Play Store to work on the controller.
The problem is _only_ the connection with the drone. In CrystalSky or V1 controller you can make the "usb loop". On the V2 seems that the USB is not for data transfer, but only file transfer.
Someone must find an hack or a workaround to tell the silly Android to make the usb port usable for flight data transfer! Do you know if anyone is working on it ?
It may not be just "silly Android". It may be a physical hardware limitation or it may be a case that specific drivers would be necessary to do so. In general I personally don't think it is worth the effort or potential risk in something not working properly. That is just my view of course, and you can certainly keep trying to make it work. I just use my standard Pro controller and can load any app I need.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
It may not be just "silly Android". It may be a physical hardware limitation or it may be a case that specific drivers would be necessary to do so. In general I personally don't think it is worth the effort or potential risk in something not working properly. That is just my view of course, and you can certainly keep trying to make it work. I just use my standard Pro controller and can load any app I need.
I'm sure you're right and I agree everything you said, the only problem is that GL300L cost a lot of money! :)
And, another thing... in Italy you must register your drone also with the RC code, switching remote means that you've to register new from scratch :-(

I'm sure you're right and I agree everything you said, the only problem is that GL300L cost a lot of money! :)
And, another thing... in Italy you must register your drone also with the RC code, switching remote means that you've to register new from scratch :-(

GL300L
IMG_0504.jpg

GL300K
IMG_0505.jpg

Hi folks,
does anyone reached to make Litchi or other third party apps to connect with drone once installed on the display of the GL300K controller?

I went deep into android with rooting, ADB, debugging, recovery bla bla. Every single thing points out that it seems that it is a hardware limitation. There is just no connection anywhere for data for the usb port. Looking at the inside, the design seems that it will not allow the controller to boot up at all without the built in screen attached :(

I went deep into android with rooting, ADB, debugging, recovery bla bla. Every single thing points out that it seems that it is a hardware limitation. There is just no connection anywhere for data for the usb port. Looking at the inside, the design seems that it will not allow the controller to boot up at all without the built in screen attached :(
Thanks for this information but this is very disappointing for me. A company recommended P4P + V2 with GL300K controller and we don't know what to do with it. We've been following thread upon thread to see if we can install any third-party app for automatic flight planning.

So far NO success! If anyone has had a breakthrough, kindly let me know. Thanks.

I have been able to setup and load survey 2D, 3D and Oblique mapping missions on my P4P+ V2.0 with DJI Terra software (trial version at the moment). It works, but my intent is to only use it for mission planning and flight routes (Above Ground Heights, photo overlaps and camera settings are in the basic package). I would like to use Pix4D to process the photos into final maps.

Documentation on the software is a little on lacking side, but have had success in mission planning and flights of parcels.

It is disappointing that 3rd party apps cannot be used with the GL300K controller and virtually no GL300L controllers to be found at reasonable price...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20