Reaction score
Hi Gang
I have had lots of requests for RAW DNG samples from the Phantom 4 Pro, i have created a download page here

Dji Phantom 4 pro raw dng images | Drone Lab Photography

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers
Warren

Phantom-4-pro-images-8.jpg

Nice, but it looks soft to me on the left for some reason. Windows, roof lines, and even the horizon line looks less sharp on the left side.

Still, it's better than my old P4 can do.

Hi Gang
I have had lots of requests for RAW DNG samples from the Phantom 4 Pro, i have created a download page here

Dji Phantom 4 pro raw dng images | Drone Lab Photography

Please let me know what you think.

Cheers
Warren

Phantom-4-pro-images-8.jpg

Tried my new P4P and was not happy with the image quality. Excellent in the centre but blurry at the edges. Looked at your images and see that you have the same problem. Blurry at the left side.
I returned mine and tried a new one with a slight improvement but not to good to my eyes.

Reactions: gr8pics
For a RAW image, I am surprised by a few things. Must have been a pretty high ISO, because there is a lot of noise in the image. Also looks like an HDR image because of the softness of the tree leaves. Overall, though, a nice image.

Without pixel peeping, my first impression is wow! I really like they dynamic range of this little camera, and it's a little camera, and for what it is, I think it's very good. I don't trust any drone enough to send up my D800

For a RAW image, I am surprised by a few things. Must have been a pretty high ISO, because there is a lot of noise in the image. Also looks like an HDR image because of the softness of the tree leaves. Overall, though, a nice image.
The noise of the p4p is quite substantial even at ISO 100, unfortunately, especially color-noise. In lightroom, I usually end up around 10-20 for luminescence noise and up to 40-50 for color to get a acceptable result. This probably have to do with the closeness of the pixels on the chip (20 mp is a lots even for the 1")

Tried my new P4P and was not happy with the image quality. Excellent in the centre but blurry at the edges. Looked at your images and see that you have the same problem. Blurry at the left side.
I returned mine and tried a new one with a slight improvement but not to good to my eyes.
The lens of the camera can be considered to be a wide angle one. Any lens demonstrates loss of image quality at the edges, especially wide angle lenses, including really heavy and really expensive ones. Expectations for a wide angle lens of a drone should be realistic. However, loss of quality at the edges should be symmetrical for a properly manufactured lens. At the same time, one can get an illusion of asymmetrical image quality loss if one side of the subject is more distant from the camera than the other.

Aperture value also matters, closing the aperture increases image quality, while closing it too much causes image resolution loss due to diffraction, "threshold" value after which resolution loss starts for the most of lenses is about 8. Still, the best overall image quality for many lenses can be obtained at aperture values of about 11 (resolution decreases somewhat but edges can be better than at 8, etc).

I have a set of RAW photos and videos of the same static subject shot using Phantom 4 Pro with different aperture values, it can be downloaded from here .

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav