Phantom 4 Pro Plus

Mine always says Berlin unless I click triangulate

It's one of those buttons on the inside of the map overlay, one turns the whole thing into a relative radar like map and the other locks the GPS to where you are

Reactions: Matchlock
Thank you Gavin, I appreciate the help with this. I'll give that a try next time it's on. When you say "locks the gps to where you are" do you mean that the map will always show your general are from that point on?

Bud

It's one of those buttons on the inside of the map overlay, one turns the whole thing into a relative radar like map and the other locks the GPS to where you are

It should but I think a bug makes it to where you have to do that every time :( should be fixed soon hopefully

Hi everyone;

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this, but it's going back to Amazon in the morning by UPS.

Thanks for your time and your thoughts about this.

Bud
Mine is the Plus and it does exactly the same. No seal either, or signs there ever was one. Check it out before you send it back, might be wasting your flight time!

Thanks. The reason I mentioned the seal was because I really did watch one unboxing video where the guy pulled off a small blackish seal that was over the latch. I'll try to find it and post it. The reason I believe you don't see the seal on most unboxing videos is because they've usually already unboxed everything before they make the video.

Bud

Mine is the Plus and it does exactly the same. No seal either, or signs there ever was one. Check it out before you send it back, might be wasting your flight time!

Thanks. The reason I mentioned the seal was because I really did watch one unboxing video where the guy pulled off a small blackish seal that was over the latch. I'll try to find it and post it. The reason I believe you don't see the seal on most unboxing videos is because they've usually already unboxed everything before they make the video.

Bud
My box did not have any such seal. I think you are way overthinking and being kinda paranoid about this... :/

Yes, I think you're probably right about that. I cancelled the Return to Amazon Courier this morning and will work it out whatever it is.

It can't be that bad.

Bud

My box did not have any such seal. I think you are way overthinking and being kinda paranoid about this... :/

Regarding the SD cards, the P4P writes at 100mbps, the P4 and P3 write at 60mbps. That's likely why the P4P prefers the best SD cards, it's needed to support the higher write speed.

....vis MicroSDXC cards: I wonder if card users really understand the difference between UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) card capability? And, the difference between a card writing bitrate at say, 63MB/s and 504mbps ?

It would probably be relatively rare for the P4P camera to supply a full 100mbps all the time, so the real bitrate flow would likely be in the 60ish mbps and once in a while, the bitrate may approach 100mbps (depending in the complexity of the scene being imaged).

Notwithstanding DJI's tested and recommended SDXC range of cards, has anyone ever tried any UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) cards recording 4k at max frame rate?

*just to be clear, the Forum member I quoted appears to know his MB/s and mbps stuff, and I didn't mean to single him out...

Last edited:
Hi John;

The Micro SD cards are something I have very little knowledge of but my son found this in the Best Buy in Northbrook, Illinois the other day and is bringing it home for me on Friday.

Can you tell me if this would be a decent Micro SD card for my Pjanton 4 Pro Plus?

Thanks for your time John, it's most appreciated.

Bud

....vis MicroSDXC cards: I wonder if card users really understand the difference between UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) and UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) card capability? And, the difference between a card writing bitrate at say, 63MB/s and 504mbps ?

It would probably be relatively rare for the P4P camera to supply a full 100mbps all the time, so the real bitrate flow would likely be in the 60ish mbps and once in a while, the bitrate may approach 100mbps (depending in the complexity of the scene being imaged).

Notwithstanding DJI's tested and recommended SCXC range of cards, has anyone ever tried any UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) cards recording 4k at max frame rate?

*just to be clear, the Forum member I quoted appears to know his MB/s and mbps stuff, and I didn't mean to single him out...
SD Card.JPG

Can you tell me if this would be a decent Micro SD card for my Phantom 4 Pro Plus?

....that UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) card has an advertised write speed of "90MB/s", but I don't see any independent speed tests on that particular card on-line. Also, is this card on the list of DJI "tested to work with" SDXC cards (you may want to verify with the DJI site, or someone who is actually using this specific card with their P3P) ?

On edit: I just enlarged that ad, and the card shown in it appears to be a U3, contra to the written description being a U1 LOL!

Last edited:
Sorry if I've mislead you here but I want it for my P4PPlus

Can you tell me where to find this list of approved by DJI Micro SD Cards?

Thank you for the help.

Bud

....that UHS Speed Class 1 (U1) card has an advertised write speed of "90MB/s", but I don't see any independent speed tests on that particular card on-line. Also, is this card on the list of DJI "tested to work with" SDXC cards (you may want to verify with the DJI site, or someone who is actually using this specific card with their P3P) ?

On edit: I just enlarged that ad, and the card shown in it appears to be a U3, contra to the written description being a U1 LOL!

Hi John;

The Micro SD cards are something I have very little knowledge of but my son found this in the Best Buy in Northbrook, Illinois the other day and is bringing it home for me on Friday.

Can you tell me if this would be a decent Micro SD card for my Pjanton 4 Pro Plus?

Thanks for your time John, it's most appreciated.

Bud

View attachment 73203
Here's what I recommend;

ef5910e6dab69edaa770fb6029376d4d.jpg

Even recording at 4k, using a 64GB device is plenty big. You don't want too many flight recordings on one card. If the card fails or you crash, this minimizes risk.

I can tell u that i use the sandisk extreme pro u3 v30 32 gb card and it works flawlessly with 4K 60 frames per second you can grab one of these at Best Buy or online I rather buy in store because people make alot of fakes online

I've opened two brand new units so far, never saw any kind of seal on the latch.

When you say "locks the gps to where you are" do you mean that the map will always show your general are from that point on?

The compass needle/padlock icon (it has nothing to do with triangulation) simply toggles between north up and track up map orientations.
It doesn't have anything to do with "locking GPS" whatever that might mean.
The map should always show where you are anyway.

Hi everyone;

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this situation.

A (supposedly) brand new DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus arrived from Amazon.ca here the other day and after unpacking it all and charging it up I turned on the remote to find a map of Berlin, Germany on the screen. Now, why would a map of Berlin show up on a BRAND NEW Phantom? Shouldn't it be a map of my own area if it was first turned on by me, the NEW owner?

I've also come across a few other "things" that bother me, for example. I understand that there's some sort of seal over the latch on the Styrofoam case it comes in, yet mine had no such seal.

Now, I don't believe for a minute that Amazon new about this, however, what I think has happened (and please correct me if I'm wrong here) is that someone bought it and returned it to DJI which in turn did whatever they had to do (refurbished perhaps) and sent it off to Amazon.ca as stock for sale.

Does anyone think that this could be the case here or am I all wet? With map, the missing seal, and I get error messages saying "SD Card Error" on five of my eight Micro SD Cars that worked fine in my Phantom 3 Pro at 4K I'm thinking there's something rotten afoot here.

Oh, and by the way, I have sent DJI three messages asking about this very issue and they have not even acknowledged the fact that I sent the emails, let alone get no replies to them.

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this, but it's going back to Amazon in the morning by UPS.

Thanks for your time and your thoughts about this.

Bud

Hi

Glad to hear you had the same as me, thought I'd got a 2nd hand as well. My log also showed a few short 2 min flights executed in Shenzhen.

I'm sure my drone is new though so don't worry to much. Just have fun using it.

The camera and tech is a vast leap over the previous models and needs to be treated as such. Enjoy

S

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thedrinklabsus