Phantom 4 pro Obsidian price drop

Reaction score
I have noticed the price of the Phantom 4 pro Obsidian on B&H has been slowly dropping almost every other day. What would be the reason for this?

I have noticed the price of the Phantom 4 pro Obsidian on B&H has been slowly dropping almost every other day. What would be the reason for this?
It is currently $72 below retail. That does not seem very dramatic?

The prices of P4 plummeted just before the introduction of the first Mavic, so March will be interesting.

That’s what I thought it was, but didn’t see and drones. Went back and used search and found them. Thanks!

I’m new to drones. What is B & H? Is any others going down as well?
It's like a big camera store in the US, and they also sell drones. If you live outside of New York and New Jersey, then I think you don't have to pay tax or shipping, which adds up when a drone costs $1000+.

If you live outside of New York and New Jersey, then I think you don't have to pay tax
That's correct. B&H currently does not collect tax when orders are shipped outside of New York and New Jersey since they do not have a physical presence outside of those states.

I wouldn't buy from B and H. Spent 1700 2 weeks ago on P4P Obsidian, battery, polar Pro ND filters. Received 2 packages with the drone and battery but no filters. I called and had to send pictures of every side of box. Clearly showing no room for the filters with the battery but since the software said it was shipped they are right and I am a thief. After multiple phone calls I wa stood I needed to sign a affidavit before anything could happen. Told them to forget it and filed the claim with my credit card. Money was vackninnky account immediately and purchased from Amazon for same price.

I wouldn't buy from B and H. Spent 1700 2 weeks ago on P4P Obsidian, battery, polar Pro ND filters. Received 2 packages with the drone and battery but no filters. I called and had to send pictures of every side of box. Clearly showing no room for the filters with the battery but since the software said it was shipped they are right and I am a thief. After multiple phone calls I wa stood I needed to sign a affidavit before anything could happen. Told them to forget it and filed the claim with my credit card. Money was vackninnky account immediately and purchased from Amazon for same price.
B&H is very good and reputable IMO, never had an issue that wasn't resolves to my satisfaction. I'm not sure why you wouldn't sign an affidavit if you're telling the truth. What's the problem with that? Were you just impatient?

Reactions: AndrewCCM and KKD
Here is some good advice, Dont look for the cheapest, look for the closest store you can find. This allows you to take back any drone that you buy that does not meet your standards right away. Do not buy from DJI . We made the mistake of Pre ordering the Air , that was a dumb thing to do as we got one where the gimbal would not move and its been a month now waiting. I see them at the apple store. So dont let price be the reason.

Reactions: DKG13CC and OOO
B&H is very good and reputable IMO, never had an issue that wasn't resolves to my satisfaction. I'm not sure why you wouldn't sign an affidavit if you're telling the truth. What's the problem with that? Were you just impatient?

I needed the filters for a shoot the same weekend. Both packages came on a Wednesday. I was told I would have the affidavit and they would ship on Thursday. It took until the following Monday to get the affidavit. I have nothing to hide and I purchased them through Amazon. Why would I need 2 sets.
I jumped through the hoops and submitted all the pictures they requested. Even the pictures showing that the battery took up the entire box. The first representative agreed that the filters would not have fit.

Bottom line each time I spoke to a representative they were rude and acted as if I had them. They told me several times that the system says they were in the box. I purchased from B & H as they seem to have a good reputation. I further looked online and see many others with very similar stories maybe things are going down hill. If the filters arrived I would have had no problem with B&H. I am giving an honest description of what happened to warn others.

I needed the filters for a shoot the same weekend. Both packages came on a Wednesday. I was told I would have the affidavit and they would ship on Thursday. It took until the following Monday to get the affidavit. I have nothing to hide and I purchased them through Amazon. Why would I need 2 sets.
I jumped through the hoops and submitted all the pictures they requested. Even the pictures showing that the battery took up the entire box. The first representative agreed that the filters would not have fit.

Bottom line each time I spoke to a representative they were rude and acted as if I had them. They told me several times that the system says they were in the box. I purchased from B & H as they seem to have a good reputation. I further looked online and see many others with very similar stories maybe things are going down hill. If the filters arrived I would have had no problem with B&H. I am giving an honest description of what happened to warn others.
Ok, so they gave you the opportunity to fix things but you couldn't wait. Humans make errors, that happens. Resolving mistakes is part of the process sometimes, but timing is often critical, like in your case.

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Ok, so they gave you the opportunity to fix things but you couldn't wait. Humans make errors, that happens. Resolving mistakes is part of the process sometimes, but timing is often critical, like in your case.

As he likely would have, just as he says he would have. But, he also says he received the shipment days before the weekend, he needed them for a shoot. The affidavit did not arrive until the next Monday, after the shoot.

Reactions: Heavenlyview
B&H is one of the best electronics stores in the USA. I have no affiliation but they are first class.

Can’t understand how it could get like this.

Huh!

Reactions: AndrewCCM

Seems overpriced to begin with - so a reduced price may be expected.

Think the more important question would be - why that avatar? LOL.

I work in TV/Film/Photography and bought about 95% of all my gear from B&H over the years. They are a well respected company and my go to place for gear. You may have discovered a hiccup with their service but that can happen with any company. I ordered some $250 Beats headphones from Best Buy once and I got the package there were no headphones in the package! I was furious that day! Someone obviously stole the headphones and sent me an empty box. Just because you had a bad experience I wouldn’t say don’t buy from them. Did you carefully check your packages when they arrived? When something doesn’t fit in a package with other stuff, B&H will send it in it’s own box. I’ve had that happen a few months ago.

I bought a DJI Inspire 1 Pro from B&H. It didn't work, I called them, they said to send it back, I got a new Inspire from them 3 days later. It worked fine. No Problem return policy.

Reactions: Tomas Wangen

Anybody else see the recent significant price drop on the P4P and P4P+???
$380 cdn less on the P4P - now $1649 cdn
$500 cdn less on the P4P+ - now $1929 cdn

Both Henry’s and Candrone have offered these reductions in price! Does this mean we will see a new model soon???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20