Phantom 4 Pro Max Distance

Reaction score
So I've flown my P4P a ton and taken it pretty far out so I know how it's supposed to act. I updated firmware a few weeks back and then took it out today to shoot. I took off and everything was normal till I took it out 150 feet. It braked by itself like it reached its max distance limit but the max distance limit is off. I checked multiple times. I've tried everything. It will rise and take off fine but when it hits 150 ft, it brakes hard and then will keep going extremely slowly farther away. This is with the throttle all the way down.

I've checked all the settings and saw nothing odd. I've even gone through and done troubleshooting with different settings. I tried with beginners mode on, with max flight set to 5000, and many other things but nothing changed. (yes I tried different frequencies)

Any tips on what this could be? I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
Here are the warnings that I had pop up. This is while there was no max flight set.

Attachments

• 20170717_180317.jpg
    20170717_180317.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 928
  • 20170717_180325.jpg
    20170717_180325.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 861
Did you re-register with DJI through the app? Latest firmware/app will place distance limits if you don't.

When I was looking at the Pro awhile back I think I read it had a range of 3 miles.

So I logged in and out and in again. No luck. Same thing. I also noticed it won't let me fly higher than around 200 ft. The weirdest part is that it will continue to go forward if I throttle it but it's like 1 foot per every 2 seconds. It acts like it's in beginner mode but it isn't

So I logged in and out and in again. No luck. Same thing. I also noticed it won't let me fly higher than around 200 ft. The weirdest part is that it will continue to go forward if I throttle it but it's like 1 foot per every 2 seconds. It acts like it's in beginner mode but it isn't

You could try to do the following, but I warn you that you gonna loose your presetting.. go to your Android device, then Internal Storage.. delete all dji folders and start the app and settings all over again.
If the problem is due to some conflicting set of file inside the device app it should be enough to fix your issue, excluding for now a hardware problem into your bird.. what I don't believe that can be.
Well, when I have some weird issue, when I do in this way (removing dji files/setting folders), usually it gets fixed.
Let us know your results.

You could try to do the following, but I warn you that you gonna loose your presetting.. go to your Android device, then Internal Storage.. delete all dji folders and start the app and settings all over again.
If the problem is due to some conflicting set of file inside the device app it should be enough to fix your issue, excluding for now a hardware problem into your bird.. what I don't believe that can be.
Well, when I have some weird issue, when I do in this way (removing dji files/setting folders), usually it gets fixed.
I'm using an iPad mini. Can I do the same thing with an iOS device?

I'm using an iPad mini. Can I do the same thing with an iOS device?
Well, I do not know about Apple devices.. I actually don't like them.. but you could try to use an File Explorer app and try to go and search for dji folders to delete them.. or you could try to uninstall the app itself and reinstall again.

Erickwill You the Man ! I did exactly what you said.I already removed every and each file that I downloaded when installing the DJIGO App.on a Nexus 7 Android OS.I went to the day of the installation and I delete all the files.Turn off the device and started from scratch to download it again.I flew today and everything was fine.Thank you man! No more problems with the Maximum Distance Reach ! Great!

I am having the exact same problems (max. Distance and Max. Altitude). I am using an iOS device, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!! Thanks, Kevin

I waited a couple days and deleted DJI go app and then reinstalled, re logged in and updated everything and it fixed it.

So I've flown my P4P a ton and taken it pretty far out so I know how it's supposed to act. I updated firmware a few weeks back and then took it out today to shoot. I took off and everything was normal till I took it out 150 feet. It braked by itself like it reached its max distance limit but the max distance limit is off. I checked multiple times. I've tried everything. It will rise and take off fine but when it hits 150 ft, it brakes hard and then will keep going extremely slowly farther away. This is with the throttle all the way down.

I've checked all the settings and saw nothing odd. I've even gone through and done troubleshooting with different settings. I tried with beginners mode on, with max flight set to 5000, and many other things but nothing changed. (yes I tried different frequencies)

Any tips on what this could be? I'm at a loss.
maybe try another battery?

Reactions: Josecoelho
I had this exact problem after DJI pushed the latest firmware update. You need to be sure you have the same firmware installed on your drone and the remote controller. And then you need to install the latest version of the DJI Go4 app on your phone or tablet. The distance limit will return to normal once the firmware and software on all 3 devices is updated to the latest version.

Reactions: Gauchofreak
I was able to resolve my issue by doing a complete reset / erase on my iPad, and reloading the DJI GO4. Kevin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav