Phantom 4 Pro is coming

I'm very confused now. I read here and on the Mavic forums that the Phantom series is dead. Mavic is all that DJI is going to sell from now on....

:rolleyes:

Here is some infos about a new Phantom 4 Pro that may be coming soon : FCC ID SS3-WM331A1609 Phantom 4 Pro by SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD

Maybe November, the 15th with a new Inspire 2 ??

Yeah, we kinda new it was coming had spotted this a while back:

Phantom 4 Model No WM331 and RC GL300E

Prolly with the latest version of myriad-2 VPU on board like the mavic and its new flying modes + Occusync.

No change on camera would be sort of a letdown.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Yeah, we kinda new it was coming had spotted this a while back:

Phantom 4 Model No WM331 and RC GL300E

Prolly with the latest version of myriad-2 VPU on board like the mavic and its new flying modes + Occusync.

No change on camera would be sort of a letdown.

I agree. I could even get along with the same sensor (which is already pretty good), but I'd like to see a controllable aperture and maybe an optical zoom lens.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
If there really is a P4 Pro, I'd think it will be just a P4 with all of the Mavic Pro's bells and whistles as mentioned above. I bet it will look just like a P4 with maybe something minor to set them apart. I'm hoping the P5 has folding arms this time similar to the Mavic Pro, and I hope the entire craft is more robust. I don't have cracks yet, but I'm always checking.

A Mavic Pro grey P4 Pro would be pretty cool. Also, gesture control would be pretty cool when you are showing your bird to someone new to drones. Also, Occusync is what pushes my buttons.

Probably most likely that the P4 Pro will revolve around the technology they used for the Mavic. OccuSync and the flight features.

The Phantom platform needs to distinguish itself from the Mavic. The obvious way to do it is by taking advantage of its size and therefore its ability to support a bigger and more sophisticated camera/gimbal. If DJI was a camera company then I'd wonder if they were planning for the camera to revolve around a detachable Osmo on some future version. Not the P4 Pro, but maybe the P5 or later.

Last edited:
Shall I wait with buying the Mavic Pro, just to see what the phantom 5 will be like? Because I am a beginner I like the phantom series more because the landing gear of the phantom series might be a lifesaver when i accidently crash it and it falls to the ground. If you crash the mavic, your whole drone is gone (while looking at the build)

Shall I wait with buying the Mavic Pro, just to see what the phantom 5 will be like? Because I am a beginner I like the phantom series more because the landing gear of the phantom series might be a lifesaver when i accidently crash it and it falls to the ground. If you crash the mavic, your whole drone is gone (while looking at the build)
I would wait on the Mavic simply in order to let the rest of the early adopters get the bugs shaken out of this entirely new technology. I hate being a beta tester and that's what the "enthusiasts" on the Mavic forums are going to be. I'd rather be assured of having a functional drone while waiting for "the next big thing".

The Phantom 5 will likely be Mavic/Phantom 4 Pro technology on a Phantom form factor with a better camera.

I will only upgrade from the P4 for a much better camera, aperture control would be too much to hope for, but if they could manage that, it would be a deal shaker.

I'm hoping for a removable gimbal/camera assembly, comes stock with the Z3 camera. Then have the ability to interchange with a FLIR camera. That would be sweet.
Osmo is a spendy rig. Its addition other than as an option would likely make the Phantom non-competitive. But I do agree that the ability to mount different cameras would be very cool.

If it's only an upgrade to OcuSync, I'm really not that interested. There's not that much range benefit from what I have seen so far with distance tests. Here's my list of potential upgrades for a P4P. Are the upgrades worth buying a new P4P to replace my P4? Here's my feeling....

1. Lightbridge 2 with 1080 streaming and 50ms latency. Maybe, if the range exceeds 3mi. (more likely a P5 possibility)
2. 16mp sensor. No not enough.
3. World smallest micro 4/3 camera with much higher ISO support. Smaller than X5 w/fixed focus (to save money and weight). Yes, interested
4. Ocu-Sync. No, not enough
5. Z3 camera. Yes, interested
6. 99 watt battery, Yes interested (more likely a P5 upgrade, I hope)
7. Bus interface and physical mounting area with radio control to activate aftermarket accessories (like Solo). Maybe, if combined with other "not enough" items above.
8. 360 degree OA. No, not enough.
9. Camera pushed forward to get props out of view. Yes, Interested. (more likely a P5 possibility)
10. Fix the tilted horizon anomaly for good. Yes, interested

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic