Phantom 4 pro indoor filming

Reaction score
I looked through the forums and noticed that this was discussed a bit back in 2016, but do you guys have new experiences about using the P4P indoors?

I have a project coming up and I'm pondering what equipment to get for it. As it will involve at least some shots that I'll make with the P4P I'm thinking if it would be reasonable to do the whole thing with it.
I haven't really tried to do any hand held stuff with it before other than trying that it worked the first time I got it.
Some aerial shots indoors from about 10-30 meters away and then some shots made on a rail rig and the rest hand held.
I'm travelling at the moment without my drone so can't do any testing for a couple of weeks so will try to ask you guys for some help here as my schedule is really tight when i get back.

If the P4P is unusable for close up /rail work what camera would you pair up with it for the most consistent look?

By the way: What's the battery life if you only film with it? Anything special to take into consideration here (overheating, settings, etc...)?

Cheers and thanks in advance for all comments!

Indoor flying is little different from outside except the drone won’t use the gps. You will notice a little drift, but it’s quite manageable. I always fit the lightweight prop guards when inside. I find close-ups easy, negating the need for a separate slider rig. Not for filming people though.
We occasionally shoot with it hand held. The battery lasts a very long time when not flying. No overheating problems.

Indoor flying is little different from outside except the drone won’t use the gps. You will notice a little drift, but it’s quite manageable. I always fit the lightweight prop guards when inside. I find close-ups easy, negating the need for a separate slider rig. Not for filming people though.
We occasionally shoot with it hand held. The battery lasts a very long time when not flying. No overheating problems.
Thanks for the input. Any idea on what kind of battery life you can expect when not flying at all (but filming most of the time). Are we talking well over an hour or even two on one charge? I would guess that it should last quite long as the motors obviously account for the majority of the battery consumption while flying. And as you can obviously shut off everything unnecessary like sensors etc on the ground the consumption should be even less. Would be kind of nice to have some sort of ground mode where you can ditch the controller all together and plug a phone or tablet directly to the drone to be used as a camera.

I put the UAV on a painters pole you can use Gimbal for up down turn pole side by side same as I put it on roof of car driving slow

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj