Phantom 4 Pro high wind velocity

Reaction score
So I started flying my Phantom 4 Pro the other day and I got a message saying that there is high wind velocity and to fly with caution when there was no wind at all. It does this every flight now. It doesn't effect the drones flight performance but it's just weird. Is this normal and is anyone else getting it?

Yes, everyone is annoyed with it. Welcome to the DJI club. If you go to full screen you won't see it, but you lose everything else except the video feed. It's good to fly that way the first 10min, then bring back the telemetry to monitor battery, etc.

Reactions: Notchiro
Yes, everyone is annoyed with it. Welcome to the DJI club. If you go to full screen you won't see it, but you lose everything else except the video feed. It's good to fly that way the first 10min, then bring back the telemetry to monitor battery, etc.
Ok thank you.

My p4 has started this since the latest update, that also limited it to 30m/50m even after logging in several times. Had to uninstall and reinstall THREE times to get it back working ok.

When I first got my phantom 4 pro I had to return it because of a gimbal issue. Every time I would fly to the right the gimbal would look down and tilt to the side. This new unit works fine now but the only issue is just the wind message. It's really nothing but it's just annoying.

So I started flying my Phantom 4 Pro the other day and I got a message saying that there is high wind velocity and to fly with caution when there was no wind at all. It does this every flight now. It doesn't effect the drones flight performance but it's just weird. Is this normal and is anyone else getting it?

Keep in mind that wind speed increases with altitude. So even if you feel no wind at ground level, up in the air the machine might be dealing with a substantial breeze, hence the popup warning.

I get it every flight now, regardless of wind conditions. Methinks DJI needs to tweak the algorithm just a tad.

Reactions: Techcop50
You can actually tweak the threshold values for this warning via firmware option editing... But that's really for advanced users only.

Otherwise, yes, it's overly sensitive.

Instead of relying on the warnings, keep an eye on your gimbal readout (not camera gimbal but aircraft gimbal) in the bottom left corner of DJI GO. Or you can quickly flip to Atti mode, when at a safe altitude, and watch how much/how quickly the aircraft drifts in the wind.

Those are much better indicators than the over-zealous wind warnings.

You can actually tweak the threshold values for this warning via firmware option editing... But that's really for advanced users only.

Otherwise, yes, it's overly sensitive.

Instead of relying on the warnings, keep an eye on your gimbal readout (not camera gimbal but aircraft gimbal) in the bottom left corner of DJI GO. Or you can quickly flip to Atti mode, when at a safe altitude, and watch how much/how quickly the aircraft drifts in the wind.

Those are much better indicators than the over-zealous wind warnings.
Where/how can one access this setting? Does it require a "tweak" before the firmware is uploaded to the bird, or can it be performed on the Android device?

I have the same issue with 2 different P4Pro's. As soon as I clear the message it pops right back up. It is dangerous since it blocks your view on a small screen.

Keep in mind that wind speed increases with altitude. So even if you feel no wind at ground level, up in the air the machine might be dealing with a substantial breeze, hence the popup warning.

I get it every flight now, regardless of wind conditions. Methinks DJI needs to tweak the algorithm just a tad.

Agreed, but getting this error EVERY time in zero wind? Yes, we can't tell what's up there, but I'm getting this error at 100'. I look to the trees and the leaves aren't moving at the tree tops, so I'm not buying it.

I got the warning on both my original p4p and also the replacement I got after warranty repair.

The threshold seems to be about 5 m/s which is way too sensitive.

The easiest way to measure actual wind at any height is to temporarily switch to atti mode while looking at the horizontal speed (which will gradually increase to actual wind speed) while making sure you do not crash into anything.

Edit: i see same advice was already given by shammyh

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik