Phantom 4 pro gimbal dead

Reaction score
Hello! I have problem with my DJI Phantom 4 pro. After crash my gimbal was dead - after startup the gimbal twiches a little bit but after that it is in the same position no matter what i press on the remote. I suspect the gimbal power board, but when I look at it it looks solid. Video of startup on the link below. DJI support tells me ofcourse to send the drone for assesment.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Hello! I have problem with my DJI Phantom 4 pro. After crash my gimbal was dead - after startup the gimbal twiches a little bit but after that it is in the same position no matter what i press on the remote. I suspect the gimbal power board, but when I look at it it looks solid. Video of startup on the link below. DJI support tells me ofcourse to send the drone for assesment.

Most likely the ESC board in the gimbal.... it is notoriously sensitive. It looks like good used ones can be had for $40 Ebay.... its only a guess though.

Hi
The weight of the Gimbal is so offset against the Yaw motor that even a light impact can damage the position sensor in this motor. I myself had a heavy landing and was was left with a twitching Gimbal. I read a post of similar issues, when I replaced the Yaw motor I examined it with a USB microscope one of the tiny Position Sensors had a piece chipped off where the outer metal casing off the motor had hit it during the heavy landing. The gap is only 1 mm or so and because the Gimbal hangs all its weight on the Yaw motor made this contact possible. New Yaw motor no twitching.
Apparently it is a common issue during crashes and heavy landings.

Reactions: jiminyfixit
Hi
The weight of the Gimbal is so offset against the Yaw motor that even a light impact can damage the position sensor in this motor. I myself had a heavy landing and was was left with a twitching Gimbal. I read a post of similar issues, when I replaced the Yaw motor I examined it with a USB microscope one of the tiny Position Sensors had a piece chipped off where the outer metal casing off the motor had hit it during the heavy landing. The gap is only 1 mm or so and because the Gimbal hangs all its weight on the Yaw motor made this contact possible. New Yaw motor no twitching.

Hello ... I'm sorry about what happened to your Phantom 4Pro. In the video you can see that the Gimbal has a small movement. You don't mention if you have an image from the camera. Well, from my experience I suggest that as a first measure you check the connection of the Flex of the Gimbal to the control card of the Gimbal motors, perhaps due to the blow it suffered it may have been released and it has a loose contact, for this, disconnect and reconnect and test. This flex that goes from the camera to the drone, carries both the video signal and the voltage to control the Gimbal motors. The Gimbal in the video shows no signs of damage, but the Flex is very delicate and easy to damage even from a hard landing of the drone. If you do not regain the movement of the Gimbal I suggest you change the Flex and try. If that change of Flex does not solve the problem, you might just think of a damage to the controller board of the Gimbal motors, which is located in the Gimbal itself. Good luck! ??

Reactions: tadejko
Hello ... I'm sorry about what happened to your Phantom 4Pro. In the video you can see that the Gimbal has a small movement. You don't mention if you have an image from the camera. Well, from my experience I suggest that as a first measure you check the connection of the Flex of the Gimbal to the control card of the Gimbal motors, perhaps due to the blow it suffered it may have been released and it has a loose contact, for this, disconnect and reconnect and test. This flex that goes from the camera to the drone, carries both the video signal and the voltage to control the Gimbal motors. The Gimbal in the video shows no signs of damage, but the Flex is very delicate and easy to damage even from a hard landing of the drone. If you do not regain the movement of the Gimbal I suggest you change the Flex and try. If that change of Flex does not solve the problem, you might just think of a damage to the controller board of the Gimbal motors, which is located in the Gimbal itself. Good luck! ??
Thank you for your opinion. I will try changing it now and hope for the best. Best regards, Tadej

Hi
Hello, thanks for the answer. I also examined the motor sensors, but didn't manage to find any damage to it. So I am thinking of flex cable damage (eventhough there isn't any visible damage)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj