P4 Firmware Phantom 4 Pro + Firmware update 1.05.0600

Reaction score
Can someone please enlighten me how to update the firmware 1.05.0600 for my aircraft? When I attempt to click on the update it isn't highlighted. I have literally spent hours on the PC trying to find out what I'm not doing right or doing wrong. Any
assistance would be greatly appreciated. I spent a lot of fun tickets on this drone (for me) and it hasn't seen the air yet.

Can someone please enlighten me how to update the firmware 1.05.0600 for my aircraft?
It’s not clear to me if you are asking how to update to v1.5.6 or if you are asking how to update from v1.5.6. That is the latest version and was released in March of 2018. What version do you have now before making any changes?

I spent a lot of fun tickets on this drone (for me) and it hasn't seen the air yet.
What is keeping you from flying?

Reactions: JoBe
It’s not clear to me if you are asking how to update to v1.5.6 or if you are asking how to update from v1.5.6. That is the latest version and was released in March of 2018. What version do you have now before making any changes?

Upon booting up the controller I get a message in red that says new firmware is available-
Phantom 4 Pro 01.05.0600. When I click on it, it brings up the Firmware Update screen. The start update button is not highlighted however so I am unable to update. It won’t let me fly without the update. There wasn’t an update or otg cable in my package. Therein might be the problem. Am unable to connect the aircraft to the iPad and download the new firmware version thru the GO 4 app. I am fairly computer illiterate and it’s very frustrating. Any thoughts?

Use the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom application on your Mac or pc. Plug in you Phantom to your computer with a USB cable, the application should see it and give you the latest firmware update options. If you ever need to calibrate the vision sensors you need to do it with this app too.

Reactions: Oso
Upon booting up the controller I get a message in red that says new firmware is available-
doesnt mean you have to do an update. have you tried just going out to fly to see how it all works?

^^ this ^^

Last edited:
Use the DJI Assistant 2 for Phantom application on your Mac or pc. Plug in you Phantom to your computer with a USB cable, the application should see it and give you the latest firmware update options. If you ever need to calibrate the vision sensors you need to do it with this app too.

Thank you kindly, Antwarrior.

Let us know if the new FW causes you to crash. I have been a HUGE purporter of legacy firmware for many years. I have been using v1.3.509 on all 3 of my P4P's for years with great success. I notice a pretty strong correlation between "new firmware" and "loss of control." Hence my penchant for legacy FW and software.

Please keep us informed.

D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic