Phantom 4 Pro Battery Compatibility

Reaction score
Battery Compatibility- can the standard P4 use the high capacity P4P battery?

Update: Got my new P4 Pro Battery in today. Charged it up and flew a previous 14 minute Litchi mission and it performed flawlessly in my regular non-pro P4. Although not flown down to 10%, I can see that this battery is about a 10% improvement over the original P4 battery. I landed with 10% more left in the tank than previous identical missions, ie, wind <3 mph. I am figuring around 2.5 minutes of extra flight time. For me this is insurance, i.e., a reserve for when you miscalculate winds.

Last edited:
Yes.

So, if I am reading this correctly the P4P battery gives a capacity of
5870 mAH at 468 grams.....for a 520mAH improvement over the original P4 battery...?

That's correct.

That's correct.
Thanks for the clarifications....been out of the flying loop lately, these P4 improvements are big....glad they did not sacrifice battery compatibility. That little extra battery capacity is going add some safety margin for me...just got some on order with DJI.

my question is: will the P4 Pro work with the old P4 battery?

If so, I am going to love it. I have 3 batteries for the P4, I am already loving the idea of being able to interchange batteries between drones. Although a bit less flying time when using the batteries of the P4 on the P4Pro. Needless to say the P3P is on Ebay and on Craiglist, Lol.

If so, I am going to love it. I have 3 batteries for the P4, I am already loving the idea of being able to interchange batteries between drones. Although a bit less flying time when using the batteries of the P4 on the P4Pro. Needless to say the P3P is on Ebay and on Craiglist, Lol.
my P4 is already on eBay! haha

I sold my P3, but still have the P4. So not sure if I'm going to dive in until I see more about it.

what is the mah rating of the new high capacity battery? Want to see if this will limit how many can be taken on an airplane.

It's 5870 mAh and 89.2 Wh. That should be below the limit for all airlines.

I am figuring the Pro Battery will give an honest 2-3 minutes of extra flight time.....probably more like 2 minutes. That is a mile or better of extra safety margin depending on winds. Significant in my book.

Reactions: Corvette595

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.