How to reset battery Capacity Phantom 4 Pro High Cap

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just noticed something the other day with my P4P batteries.

I have 2 batteries, both identical 5870 mah high capacity white labels.

Recently I noticed the following stats in the DJI GO 4 app.
Battery 1: 14 cycles, total capacity = 5908 mah
Battery 2: 10 cycles, total capacity = 5536 mah

Does anyone know how the capacity can be reset closer to the 5870 mah range again ?? or is the battery indicating its losing capacity ? I tried the battery life test and it lights up all 4 bars.

I have not drained these close to the 0% mark point or anything, closest was probably 15%.

One of the battery cells might have lower voltage. You can check in GO app, Aircraft battery.

With usual RC lipos we use a charger (I have Orion Touch Advantage charger) having balancing feature to align battery voltage of each cell. It's an extra feature not doing balancing during charge but just discharging a bit to align cells to the voltage of the lowest one. Then we charge back with balancing, up to 4.2 volts.

DJI charger does balance during charge but certainly not doing above.

There is some discussion below that might be of interest to you. Someone says he would buy some adapter to use charger like mine. Don't do this if not familiar with these techniques as you might damage DJI battery!
???Question About Phantom 3 LiPo Battery Balance Charging/Discharging???

Also adding nice guide, see in particular the information in blue.
A Guide to Understanding LiPo Batteries

Last edited:
Which full capacity? As per manufacturer specs or different one. This is the OP question actually as not reaching 5870 or so.

Performance of batteries can vary and reaching 90% vs specs seems okay anyway.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitchpost