Phantom 4 pro always showing wind warning

I'm not sure what she was thinking but tech support types often bullsh!t when they don't have a good answer -- and if we've learned anything from DJI it is that they have a dismal record when it comes to customer support.

Brian

Reactions: len750
Saw it for the first time today, on 2 different flights. It did not affect my GO app, but strangely it was accompanied by rear object detection, even though it was in clear sky at about 200'. If I stayed in place and cleared the warning, it would just reappear, but if I yawed the craft and moved it a bit, I could get it to go away.

Last edited:
Saw it for the first time today, on 2 different flights. It did not affect by GO app, but strangely it was accompanied by rear object detection, even though it was in clear sky at about 200'. If I stayed in place and cleared the warning, it would just reappear, but if I yawed the craft and moved it a bit, I could get it to go away.
I saw today for the first time the Rear Object Detection..as well.

I got the wind warning a bunch on my first flights. 20 flights I haven't seen it since

I'm a noob at this. Flew my P4P+ a couple of times. Still getting use to flying, and learning to be comfortable. I flew yesterday, winds were calm, maybe about 10 mph. It's winter here in Wis, it was about 30 F. When I would get about 100 ft ALT, I would get a caution of strong winds. I understand that there will be stronger winds in the air than on the surface. Bu the aircraft seem fine, not fighting the wind. How can I get a real sense that it's windy fo the aircraft or just a bogus warning? I was nervous taking it any higher for a fear of losing control of my aircraft. Thanks!
Rudy

I'm a noob at this. Flew my P4P+ a couple of times. Still getting use to flying, and learning to be comfortable. I flew yesterday, winds were calm, maybe about 10 mph. It's winter here in Wis, it was about 30 F. When I would get about 100 ft ALT, I would get a caution of strong winds. I understand that there will be stronger winds in the air than on the surface. Bu the aircraft seem fine, not fighting the wind. How can I get a real sense that it's windy fo the aircraft or just a bogus warning? I was nervous taking it any higher for a fear of losing control of my aircraft. Thanks!
Rudy
These baby's will fly with not much issue at almost 30mph. So these wind warnings just need a little tweaking in the next update I'm sure. Just make sure when your going out very far that you start into the wind and come back with the wind if you are pushing the battery limit with your flight.

Reactions: Rudy68
Rudy
Yes, the wind warnings are bogus, there are many pilots complaining about them. To measure winds, with clear flight space at altitude, switch to ATTI mode for about 20 seconds and let the craft float with the wind with no stick input, then note the mph it's traveling.There ya go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kman and Rudy68
I'm getting the same message not as much as before but it's rears its head even on days when there is no wind, annoying.

Also, anyone notice when disabling OA, there is a message that pops up right in the middle of the screen. I tend to fly without OA, but this message is clearly in the wrong spot and doesn't go away until OA is enabled again, PITA

The phamton 4 haven't this warning, and phamton 4 pro get it, may be that is normally because I am flying 3 phamton (3 pro, 4 and 4P) in the same conditions (together each one) and they haven't get trouble, but the 4p get wind warning.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm getting the same strong wind warning when calm on my mavic as well so I'm pretty sure it has to do with dji go 4 app.

I get the wind warning and just x it out,
thankjeep flying.

Every single flight on Hawaii I get the wind warning...but then again wind is pretty strong here...

No annoying wind warning in Litchi.

In the Go app, kept hitting another function when trying to hit the small 'X' to dismiss the wind warning .

DJI let's keep the screen clean so we can concentrate on flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: J.T.
I get that but it's so frustrating how inept they are at communicating. I report the wind issue, she asks for screen shot showing warning, I send and she tells me it's do to flying too high. Right on the screen shot of the warning is my altitude, a record breaking height of 132 feet!

Yikes. What exactly is "too high" with respect to wind conditions? Was she able to detect wind sheer at 90 feet based on a screen shot? ;-)

Just for comparison with your experience - So far I have flown my P4P about 5 times. Twice I had wind in excess of about 10mph and twice I got the wind warnings. It seems to be working OK in that regard, but I agree with you that it is unneeded (we know the wind conditions) and a bit disruptive.

I have this same problem with both my new Mavic and P4P..

I had reported it a few months ago to DJI and they recommended that I do a "calibration" which I did - no impact.

Problem has remained so I reached out to DJI both via chat and e-mail to see if they can do anything. Definitely an issue with firmware or the DJI Go 4 app.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94