Phantom 4 pro always showing wind warning

No annoying wind warning in Litchi.

In the Go app, kept hitting another function when trying to hit the small 'X' to dismiss the wind warning .

DJI let's keep the screen clean so we can concentrate on flying.
No in Litchi I have an annoying Compass warning all the time.

Yes! The other day I was going to fly with Litchi and right as I selected take off, I got a compass warning and another warning that stated something else was wrong (I don't remember the message, as I never saw it before) and it also stated if the problem persists, contact DJI support! So I closed Litchi and opened DJI Go 4 and guess what... no warnings of any kind and I flew with no problems.
zeldon50

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

I went up with my P4P Sunday. No warnings until the sun started to set a bit. Then a guy shows up with his Mavic. We both went up around the same time and nothing. But then at a certain point, both of us were getting wind warnings on our P4P and Mavic. It was very calm on the ground. I flew an hour before that with no warnings.

My question is, how do we really know it isn't gusty up there? Just because it's calm on the ground doesn't mean there's no wind up above us. For two different drones to get the same warning at the same time while there's not even a breeze in the ground seems convincing to me. Unless it happens at ground level as well, which it didn't once we came back down. Ground level was fine, but up in the air 100ft+, wind warnings. Tried a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

My question is, how do we really know it isn't gusty up there? Just because it's calm on the ground doesn't mean there's no wind up above us. For two different drones to get the same warning at the same time while there's not even a breeze in the ground seems convincing to me. Unless it happens at ground level as well, which it didn't once we came back down. Ground level was fine, but up in the air 100ft+, wind warnings. Tried a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The best way to gauge how windy is really up there is by flying in Atti mode, keep an eye on the Phantom to see if it starts to drift and how fast it moves. IMHO it is useful to know how to fly in Atti mode anyways, never know when it is come in handy.

I used to get the annoying wind warning on the Mavic until I upgraded to the latest fw release on 02.14.2017, since the update I have not seen the annoying message. Hopefully DJI will do the same for the Phantom 4 Pro on the next fw update.

Last edited:
Just realize that when you are 399ft up in the air, the winds are significantly stronger than at ground level. I use UAV Forecast for iOS to approximate the wind speeds at the altitude I will be flying at.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20