Phantom 4 pro always showing wind warning

Reaction score
Phantom 4 pro always showing wind warning but conditions are calm along with app freezing mid flight. Is anyone else getting this?
Mine you, the video and photos are fantastic.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Hmmm. No problem here. Ironically enough, I flew yesterday at 33°F with light flurries falling, and low winds. Yet the DJI Go 4 app never gave me wind warning, and no app freeze ups. I used both IPad and Android for testing in same conditions.

Yes, should of said, I was using an IPad mini 4. This was my maiden flight. After a reboot the app was fine but still had the wind warning throughout the flight.

The integrated screen version (plus) not only showed wind warning but a yellow colored "severe wind gusts" ERasy FW fix.

Two flights, one wind warning. It was a little breezy. iOS

Untitled_Panorama3.jpg
Second flight of the day and had the warning. Interestingly had the warning during some aggressive flying so it must be gathering this data from the imu. Probably just needs adjusting in future firmware updates. All this was not important as I was just blown away with the stills and footage I was able to capture with this craft. Absolutely love it.

Last edited:
I wonder why DJI was compelled to warn us about wind. We already know wind is present, we just don't know what speed. It would seem wind warnings are of little value unless there's some tangible information that can help.

Last edited:
Flew mine on a calm day, so far, the go app 4 worked flawlessly on my ipad, and no wind warning.

I had modest winds both days and received the message both days. I think this one will be ironed out sometime before the P5 comes out.

Brian

Of course emailin dji about it is like getting a tooth filled. They want a screen shot. So obviously they don't even know what their own warning means.

Anyone have a screen shot? Raining here so I can't fly.

Last edited:
Sent DJI a screen shot and they replied that the wind message could be because of high altitude. Well it was happening at 100 feet, 200 and 300 feet..didn't go over 300..As always, contacting DJI support is equivalent to watching grass grow.

They are certainly aware of the issue and I expect it will be fixed in either the next firmware or the one after. But, this is DJI we're talking about so it may be a 'feature' that never goes away.

Brian

Reactions: J.T.
They are certainly aware of the issue and I expect it will be fixed in either the next firmware or the one after. But, this is DJI we're talking about so it may be a 'feature' that never goes away.

Brian
I get that but it's so frustrating how inept they are at communicating. I report the wind issue, she asks for screen shot showing warning, I send and she tells me it's do to flying too high. Right on the screen shot of the warning is my altitude, a record breaking height of 132 feet!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.