Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 test and review video!

Unfortunate losing the mSD slot on the controller. I use that slot as a holder for a back up card. If I need another card immediately (generally have extras with me), I can just pop the spare from the controller in there.

"Noise reduction is also enhanced when used with the Phantom 4 Pro, but not as much."
Just wondering why the noise reduction is less for the P4P? Is the new 2.0 more efficient and therefore operates at lower RPMs than the P4P? Are the motors mounted at a different angle??

In addition, the review talks about increased flight time with the new props. This is a big deal for P4P owners if the extra performance of the new props has a similar effect on P4Ps and not exclusive to the 2.0. I'm assuming the "winglets" on the new props are not unlike the effect on fixed-wing aircraft in improving performance in regards to fuel consumption.

Last edited:
ocusync for goggles? I thought we need VLOS?? LMAO. hard to beat lightbridge 2 imho. Just dji closing loopholes on the freedom we have with v1.

1.8K, at B&H DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ Version 2.0 Quadcopter CP.PT.00000234.01 B&H

DJI Store is less for some reason.

Edit, after watching the video, seeing some of the same issues the P4 video has, i.e. jerky footage, mainly at the start of his flight. Might be something on my end.

Noise, seems about the same in volume, but pitch is lower, I had hoped it would be more significant.

Paul Caldwell
I have an Pro plus 3 weeks old, is it worth getting the v2, is transmitting better than light bridge or can you tell the difference?

DJI's newest quadcopter is officially here:
New DJI Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 hands-on review!
...Anyone shined a Flash-Light inside the fuselage in and around the Battery Bay to verify whether its been reinforced, reminder, the P4 was prone to cracking in those areas due weak structural design..? (Bigger chip in a glorified WebCam not enuff for me.. i've waited long enuff, thinking of a nice microscope instead..)
IIIDaemon
www.GasRecovery.net

Slightly better slight time, slightly less sound while in the air, a build in android device/screen (which I already have - but would reduce incompatibilities/bugs) and similar LOS flying distances? It's nice, but are these really a big enough upgrade to boast a new model? The only real benefit for those with goggles is wireless connection...but even thats nbotr really an issue since you need to hold your controller when flying while you're also wearing the goggles...

Should wait a good 2+ years for actual game-breaking technological advancements to make the newer model much more legitimate for other owners to consider upgrading for features they need or find more important. As it seems the propellors can simple be purchase separately for use on the P4P....

RoOSTA

In my opinion, one move that makes sense before a major announcement of the Phantom 5 is to announce a product with minimal enhancements that uses ALL the old parts of the P4P. Then, once the supply chain is low on P4P parts, the Phantom 5 can be released. That might be a wild idea ... BUT?

Less noise reduction at P4P versus P4P2 is hardly to believe. Both has the same bodies, same Batteries, same flight controllers, so only the propellers makes the difference. And if new propellers reduce noise, they would do it at both aircrafts equally.

Just read this at DJI
"The 9455 propellers have a brand new aerodynamic design giving the Phantom 4 series an impressive noise control performance. When used with the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0, up to 4dB (60%) of aircraft noise is lowered during takeoff and landing. Noise reduction is also enhanced when used with the Phantom 4 Pro, but not as much."

So yes i will be ordering several sets

Sorry to disappoint you. There is no 4db noise reduction. Not even close to 3db less which would have been half as loud . Someone did a review on YouTube comparing the noise. I listened to it and it’s pretty much the same but a different frequency.

I used my neighbors V2 with my RE goggles last night and the range went to absolute nil. Video broke up at around 500ft distance, about 150ft up. Lost video to goggles and phone. We unhooked the goggles and the bird went out a mile and a half hooked up to the phone. Sent my V1 P4P up and hooked up to the goggles via USB and went out a mile and a half, no issues. Im wondering what the deal is there.

Less noise reduction at P4P versus P4P2 is hardly to believe. Both has the same bodies, same Batteries, same flight controllers, so only the propellers makes the difference. And if new propellers reduce noise, they would do it at both aircrafts equally.

Actually I believe the P4 VR 2.0 has both the propellers and different ESC motors. Only DJI knows for sure. After flying a P4 Pro Obsidian and now the P4 Pro Vr 2.0, the noise is less, but not sure if it's close to the claimed amount and not as dramatic as the difference in the Mavic Pro and MPP.

Where I hear a difference is the pitch is lower, no longer the whine that is so noticeable from a P4 Pro at least to me. Climbing the noise is less and in forward flight noise again seems less. Hovering I have tested both at 100, 200 and 400 feet. At 100 feet, I can hear both about the same, but at 200 you start to notice the prop noise less on the Vr 2.0. At 400 feet up it's definitely not at noticeable. However on decent, the new props seem to bit differently and for some reason I tend to notice the sound more.

Can't speak to speed, as I am only interested in the platform for Stills and some video.

Net, the noise is still nothing in the range of a MPP. However the MPP is much more limited as a photographic platform both in resolution and camera features.

I can't see the future Phantom with interchangeable lenses being any less quiet either as the weight IMO will possible increase.

Paul Caldwell

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj