Phantom 4 models officially discontinued

I wonder if the unavailability of the Phantoms, that are not discontinued, could have anything to do with the 'inside job' embezzlement story from last year. If DJI eliminated the suppliers involved in that story, it would take time to resource all those parts, and get the new suppliers up to speed on production.

Never want to pass up the chance for a good conspiracy theory.

At any rate, I a pleased that the Phantom series still has life.

DJI recently posted messages on their website noting both the Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Pro have been discontinued. While the Phantom 4 Advanced and Phantom 4 Pro V2 are still in production, neither are available in the DJI Store.

In Europe we don't get this message. Only the "out of stock" notification..

Sad to see this development. I still hope they will produce a Phantom 5. Otherwise my wishlist will be changed to one of the Inspires.. Although the Mavic 2 is tempting because of it's size, I still like the large drones for their stability.

One thing that should be positive is that second hand Phantom 4 Pro v2.0 should drop in price. I still have the Phantom 4 Standard and flew more than 240 km, 27 hours in 134 flights (even in winter! :)) since august 2018 and really am aiming for a Pro this or next year!

Reactions: MTO
Does this mean P5 will be released soon?
I'm not sure what it means. Older models have never gone out of stock like this for months on end prior to a new model release.

Reactions: dh3312
Considering the legislative innovations that are about to revolutionize the use of drones throughout Europe, unfortunately, I think the DJI will propose models that are increasingly lighter and "harmless".

The Phantom 4 will stop being a commercial drone and probably, in the next RTK versions, will try to become the best drone for professional use at "a not so high price" (but still not accessible to many).

I noticed that the OSMO pocket has been pulled from a lot of retailers shelves also, and is only available for online order. There was a huge run of units that went dead past the point of recharge in the case due to a gimbal power issue. I really think DJI keeps putting the cart before the horse and releasing product that isnt fully developed, then pulling it only months later due to massive backlash.

That is an interesting craft. Do they have anything in english? All the pdf's seemed to be in Espanol.

It seems also an expensive toy.

I noticed that many malls no longer have the Phantom 4 on their shelves. I am increasingly convinced that the DJI wants to reserve the Phantom for a professional line of products (for example the P4 RTK) and wants to limit the consumer segment to the Mavic :(

It's a shame because the Phantom remains an exceptional drone at an affordable price.

In this (dutch) article Dronewatch European commission technical requirements for drones a list of classes is mentioned. Class C0 and C1 say you can fly unlicensed in europe. From C2 you need a license, and that class will be for drones heavier than 900 grams. So.. the Phantom is too heavy! :-(.
I think this helped DJI to stop producing the Phantom for non-commercial use.
Even the Mavic 2 Pro is 5 grams too heavy, so they'll have to come up with a version which has lost a few grams..

Sad to see the Phantom EOL :-(

The contents of the new European regulation on drones are now known. By 2022 the regulation will be 100% operational and everything else will simply cease to exist.

The regulation is much less restrictive, many operations so far allowed only to operators who have spent a lot of money on an "aeronautical" training course will become "free" or tied to very small obligations.

Unfortunately the price to pay for this are several heavy constructive limitations to drones.

Probably in the coming years we will see drones increasingly similar to Mavic or Bebop. Phantoms will no longer be produced and existing ones will only be able to fly in the open countryside, away from everything and everyone.

From C2 you need a license, and that class will be for drones heavier than 900 grams. So.. the Phantom is too heavy! :-(.

It depends on where you fly.

Immagine.jpg

Last edited:
Are we going to get the high capacity batteries. They are not available in DJI store for some time now.

Are we going to get the high capacity batteries. They are not available in DJI store for some time now.
There's no telling when the DJI Store will have them back in stock since they never reveal those dates.

Most dealers are out of stock right now too. If you need one today, you can buy one here on eBay or an obsidian battery (at a normal price) here from B&H. If you can wait about a week, there are some dealers who are showing new stock will be available.

DJI blazed the trail, but now, everyone has GPS, RTH and gimbal cameras, which for most people is all it's about, getting those pictures. DJI has huge price competition.

Hello all fellow “dromies”. I hope all are doing well. I know I am kicking a dead horse but I would like some feedback if at all possible.
I currently fly a p3s ( which I as I high tech redneck) I love. I cut my teeth, if you will, on this platform. I have not gotten too excited about upgrading, until I was confident, but I’m in the market now. I would like to get a little further along in my “hobby”, most likely turning commercial. Obviously I got in a little late for a p4p. I admit, I have not kept up with all info, but I really like the phantom platform. I know the ac itself is hard to find, batteries as well. As I said I love my p3s, but it was just a stepping stone. My concern is keeping a p4p functional. I have been the PIC for the p4p, mp2 and I2. Call me a cheap date but I prefer the p4p. I can still get the P4p,, I know it is deemed “discontinued” and at this point obsolete. Before I spend the money I would appreciate any input.
Thank you for allowing me to take your time
Regards

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20