Phantom 4 lights question

Reaction score
All batteries charged up. In the start of my flight my front lights are red and rear lights blinking green. After several minutes of flight all lights are solid red. I can land, turn everything off start back up take off and it does the same thing. The batteries on controller and craft show good. Our club is at a old land fill
Ben closed for years. I am the only one who flies a drone. Everyone else flies planes or helicopters. I am going to fly somewhere else and see if it does the same thing.
Only thing I noticed is if I come down sort of fast it takes it a little longer than I think it should to stop. I have reset the brake .
Just wondering about the lights I am getting. Thanks

All batteries charged up. In the start of my flight my front lights are red and rear lights blinking green. After several minutes of flight all lights are solid red. I can land, turn everything off start back up take off and it does the same thing. The batteries on controller and craft show good. Our club is at a old land fill
Ben closed for years. I am the only one who flies a drone. Everyone else flies planes or helicopters. I am going to fly somewhere else and see if it does the same thing.
Only thing I noticed is if I come down sort of fast it takes it a little longer than I think it should to stop. I have reset the brake .
Just wondering about the lights I am getting. Thanks
Some clues here. Different drone, but a similar system.

In the start of my flight my front lights are red and rear lights blinking green. After several minutes of flight all lights are solid red.
my manual says that solid red rear lights = critical error with the ac. sounds dangerous to fly until you figure out the error.

Solid red on the rear arms typically mean a critical system error. Could be anything including the battery. Definitely not trustworthy to fly with like that.

I flew here in the yard awhile ago to see if it made any difference as to where I was at. Turned everything on. Turned the controller on first. Red light on controller was beeping and flashing red. Turn on on battery on the drone. Controller kept beeping. Turned everything off and back on. Green light on controller came on. Home point located. Red lights on front solid and rear lights blinking green. One blink then two fast blinks. Took of and let it hover. I went up and down a little and side to side. At about 8 minutes into the flight the rear lights turned solid red. Flew a few more minutes and then landed. I believe it has been doing this for awhile but not sure. What should I do?

Have you tried a different battery?

Probably not a good idea to be in the air until you get it figured out.
Things you could try.
1.Refresh the firmware or even try downgrading via a computer.
If that does nothing,
2. Imu calibration.

I will recalibrate and try all three batteries tomorrow. Controller was showing 75%. I will look and see what version of firmware I have. Will repost tomorrow.

can u upload a flight log to the viewer site and give a link to see it i'll bet there is a error message

The only hint I could get from reading your post, was that the remote was beeping and flashing red. That indicates that your remote needs to be recalibrated. Don’t know if that would make the AC lights red but it is critical. Just a thought.

I haven recalibrated the controller. I will get on youtube and do that. Also will recalibrate the imu.
I tried to upload the flight log when I had some trouble before but didn't have any luck. I am computer illiterate. I may read up on it and see if I can. Thanks for the suggestions.

Reactions: Capt KO
I tried to upload the flight log when I had some trouble before but didn't have any luck. I am computer illiterate. I may read up on it and see if I can.
its easy dont make it hard in ur mind & stress. u can find plenty of instructions in the search. this is the first one that showed when i searched just now. :)

Went and flew awhile today. I did recalibrate the controller before flying. I flew about ten minutes and still had green lights flashing on the rear. I am going to recalibrate it tomorrow. It flew ok but seed like it wanted to drift and not hold a hover as good as it usually does. Will recalibrate rates and post what it did.
One thing it seems like I am having issues with again is the controller. I was having trouble with the charging. I took it apart and heated the board like it showed on you tube. I was getting in the high 80's low 90's on charging but now I am not getting but in the 70's. I charged it today and when I go to the field I was showing 64%. Wonder if I need to heat it again. I hate to send it to DJI. Especially now. Going to recalibrate and charge and try it again.

Reactions: Capt KO
Went and flew awhile today. I did recalibrate the controller before flying. I flew about ten minutes and still had green lights flashing on the rear. I am going to recalibrate it tomorrow. It flew ok but seed like it wanted to drift and not hold a hover as good as it usually does. Will recalibrate rates and post what it did.
One thing it seems like I am having issues with again is the controller. I was having trouble with the charging. I took it apart and heated the board like it showed on you tube. I was getting in the high 80's low 90's on charging but now I am not getting but in the 70's. I charged it today and when I go to the field I was showing 64%. Wonder if I need to heat it again. I hate to send it to DJI. Especially now. Going to recalibrate and charge and try it again.
You should have a fully charged battery on your remote controller before you take off with a low charge it will do what yours is doing showing red lights on drone

It won't charge to 100%. It never has. I put a new battery in it a while back thinking that was the problem then I read about the problem other people are having too. I took the controller apart and heated the board in different spots and I was getting a fairly good charge but now I am not. I have the drone probably 16 months. When I got it as well as I remember when I charged the controller it didn't light all four lights. I don't remember what percent it would charge to. I am not sure how long the red lights on the rear have been coming on. Should I get some kind of warning on the screen itself? If the battery is low on the controller would it cause it to drift or other problems while flying?
I don't think it is the battery since it did the same thing as the other one but I don't know for sure. I am going to calibrate it today .

Any chance you could borrow another 300C remote? They're pretty cheap these days too. I've gotten a couple usable in the $100+ range. On this classifieds site.

Drifting usually means No GPS. Homepoint established? (Good to fly GPS) on screen?

Last edited:
Recalibrated drone. Just flew down about half a battery. Started with 76% on controller. That's what it charged up to. Had 99% on drone battery. Home point located and ready to fly. Took off a and flew around flew and hovered good. No kind of messages on screen. Started with red lights on front and tear lights blinking green. One fast and two slow. After about five or six minutes of flight rear lights turned solid red. Still no messages and flying good. Don't know what to think. Controller was at 65% when I landed unless this is why they turned red.
What is the minimum percentage you should let your controller get to?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik