Phantom 4 gimbal screw sizes and location detailed drawings of any sort

Reaction score
Can anyone please shine some light ive recieved screw set and stupid me tearing down gimbal didnt pay enough attention to what and where...PLEASE HELP!!!..XXXXXin advance

I have not had to perform what you are going to do........BUT i will tell you This : when you work on the Phantom...lay down a nice white cloth to do the works....BUT not a terry cloth towel as the teenie tiny itty bitty screws will disappear in the terry cloth towel fast !....ask me cause i found out the hard way as i replaced a "ribbon cable" cut by a rock when i landed on it . Oh U- tube has several helps videos that will show you how to get the work done ....Good Luck Baron !

IF you ever have to do that job again...and i hope you don't.....take a piece of card board and draw a picture of the part on it and push the screws in the cardboard where they came out of OR use scotch tape and tape them to the places where they came out on the cardboard !

I always take a few close up pictures before i disassemble electronic things sure helps when its time to reassemble !

Last edited:
Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Can anyone please shine some light ive recieved screw set and stupid me tearing down gimbal didnt pay enough attention to what and where...PLEASE HELP!!!..XXXXXin advance
You might have to spend some time doing a bit of vid viewing, but doing so will probably give you enough visual clues to work it all out. I found the video below on YouTube using keywords 'Phantom 4 gimbal teardown' and there are others available.

You might have to spend some time doing a bit of vid viewing, but doing so will probably give you enough visual clues to work it all out. I found the video below on YouTube using keywords 'Phantom 4 gimbal teardown' and there are others available.

Some awesome ideas,where were you a week ago!All the same thanks very much for your input I really will apply all of that next time.
All back together and
...well it powers up roll motor seems ok but a few jitters at most out of yaw motor only when trying to auto calibrate,completing that it says success.then yaw motor overheating warning which continues till I power down.so far I've replaced yaw arm and roll motor,perhaps yaw motor next..lost me now I'm stumped!also no error message if so where would I find it??

Baron......when the drones "NOT flying" in other words energized drone and not spinning the 4 props.......you will always get a Gimbal motor over heated....That gimbals motors depend on the air movement around it when flying to keep it cool......when i activate my drone in the house to look at settings...i point a small fan at the gimbal.....Problem solved ! No more over heated gimbal motors !

Baron......when the drones "NOT flying" in other words energized drone and not spinning the 4 props.......you will always get a Gimbal motor over heated....That gimbals motors depend on the air movement around it when flying to keep it cool......when i activate my drone in the house to look at settings...i point a small fan at the gimbal.....Problem solved ! No more over heated gimbal motors !
My 2 wheeled comrade!without the hand of generosity from people like ya yourself passing on knowledge tips and tricks to the newly spread wings of folk like me then the world wouldn't possible but but ßo9i l t be here today!Thanks for the great idea mate.even so stationary i should be able to pan the camera around from rc shouldnt i?????as well as when i pick the drone1p up i my hand and move it around shouldnt the gimbal compensate these movements to stay level?

My 2 wheeled comrade!without the hand of generosity from people like ya yourself passing on knowledge tips and tricks to the newly spread wings of folk like me then the world wouldn't possible but but ßo9i l t be here today!Thanks for the great idea mate.even so stationary i should be able to pan the camera around from rc shouldnt i?????as well as when i pick the drone1p up i my hand and move it around shouldnt the gimbal compensate these movements to stay level?
The camera on the P3 doesn't pan, at least, not under the control of the RC but the camera can be moved up and down from the RC. 'Panning' is in a horizontal direction and is either left or right but as you say, there is usually some slight but noticeable movement as the gimbal tries to automatically stabilise the camera if the drone is moved when it is turned on.

The camera on the P3 doesn't pan, at least, not under the control of the RC but the camera can be moved up and down from the RC. 'Panning' is in a horizontal direction and is either left or right but as you say, there is usually some slight but noticeable movement as the gimbal tries to automatically stabilise the camera if the drone is moved when it is turned on.
thankyou for the input its so good to have these forums to fall back on and i get further from the feedback here than anywhere its a p4 if that matters or differs at all from the 3 but either way i get what your sayimg but the big question for me is where do i go from here.??help me Obi one Kenobi!!!!do i replace yaw motor??emc board???vibration dampner above yaw motor or is it a simple try this trick????..S.O.S

thankyou for the input its so good to have these forums to fall back on and i get further from the feedback here than anywhere its a p4 if that matters or differs at all from the 3 but either way i get what your sayimg but the big question for me is where do i go from here.??help me Obi one Kenobi!!!!do i replace yaw motor??emc board???vibration dampner above yaw motor or is it a simple try this trick????..S.O.S
bottom line is I don't have the experience to be able to diagnose the problem just from looking at the Gimbal behaviour where as I'm sure there's someone within these forums that could question is who and where

bottom line is I don't have the experience to be able to diagnose the problem just from looking at the Gimbal behaviour where as I'm sure there's someone within these forums that could question is who and where
Sorry, yes, a typo but the same comment applies to a P4 camera and gimbal. If you haven't personally already got the expertise to diagnose the fault, you and others could spend ages typing and reading away here and then a fortune changing out various parts, all to no avail.

Sometimes the best way to fix something is hands-on and if you can't do it yourself then sometimes it's better just to hand it over to a repair shop.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl