Phantom 4 Flips Mid-Air

so what might be the chance the OP could have two lost prop or battery disconnect issues on the same AC in quick succession?
Slim to none?

I didn't see the OP say anything about the same AC in quick succession.

Im sure you meant would be unusual re the bird strike. Exceptionally unlikely in this case given the same problem has occurred twice. Two bird strikes with same AC = probably not...
We'll never know until the log is posted...

Yeah, that's how I was reading it too.

Not much we can do without the logs. Until then, I'll just wait patiently ;)
I think we can safely assume prop loss or battery disconnect won't be the issue.

Even if not the same P4- same issue twice with a "mission" if it was the same mission the likely problem would be the mission itself.

Exceptionally unlikely in this case given the same problem has occurred twice.
Correct. An assumption without some sort of evidence is just that. I will say that I find it almost as likely as loosing the same prop on a different aircraft. It does happen. Common, absolutely not in either case.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
One might expect the OP would have noticed if broken props was the issue
Perhaps. At what altitude did the Phantoms flip and fall? If from hundreds of feet, would the OP be able to tell the prop broke when the Phantoms hit the ground (instead of in the air)?

So many questions. And all too impossible to answer any of them without the flight logs.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
One might expect the OP would have noticed if broken props was the issue.
True, but this was never stated in the post. We don't even know if the OP recovered the AC from the crash. Now we just wait.....

Im sure you meant would be unusual re the bird strike. Exceptionally unlikely in this case given the same problem has occurred twice. Two bird strikes with same AC = probably not...

If it happened twice then it was probably lightning.

If it happened twice then it was probably lightning.
I trust there's at least one genius in this thread that's able to extract the lightning detection data from these flight logs.

Was there an extreme wind condition at the point of flipping?

So where did the OP go? Did he ever get the loss to someone so they could check them out? Would love to see what they show. Can't imagine how a properly functioning Phantom with four prongs in place could ever flip.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31