Phantom 4 dropping after auto take off

Reaction score
Hi. I recently bought a Phantom 4 and I'm loving it. The only issue I have is with the VPS where I auto take off and it drops altitude from 4ft to >3 with no stick input. Is there something I can do? Hovering everywhere else is fine and it holds it's position.

Make sure you do proper calibration before every new flight.
Noted. Quick question though, the VPS are the two small circles on towards the outer edge of the bottom correct? I don't believe I ever took off any plastic covers from them but I don't see any and the hole is too small to fit a finger in

Hi. I recently bought a Phantom 4 and I'm loving it. The only issue I have is with the VPS where I auto take off and it drops altitude from 4ft to >3 with no stick input. Is there something I can do? Hovering everywhere else is fine and it holds it's position.
Try manual take off,,very easy,,just give it some gas:)and enjoy

Noted. Quick question though, the VPS are the two small circles on towards the outer edge of the bottom correct? I don't believe I ever took off any plastic covers from them but I don't see any and the hole is too small to fit a finger in
1493766547679-1713532345.jpg outer edge ones are cameras,can't remember name,,front called monocular scans forward (OA),,speaker type give off sonar waves ,,,I think that right,Yeh other cameras scans down

Yes that's them, apart from ensuring they are not covered in dirt or similar debris, the only thing you can do is to recalibrate the sensors using the dji assistant tool. As @ianzone said, just launch and fire it up. The ground beneath may affect the VPS sensors and cause it to move around if it is featureless.

Yes that's them, apart from ensuring they are not covered in dirt or similar debris, the only thing you can do is to recalibrate the sensors using the dji assistant tool. As @ianzone said, just launch and fire it up. The ground beneath may affect the VPS sensors and cause it to move around if it is featureless.
Ok thanks. I just did the calibration so we'll see if that helps. Hopefully I can get a little charge in this battery before I lose light! Thanks again for the help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen