Phantom 4 disappeared today

I am puzzled by the amount of messages that basically state "I lost the connection with the drone and hit RTH."

If you lose the connection to the drone, RTH becomes automatic after three seconds.

However, if the RTH has started and you start pressing the RTH button, doesn't that cancel RTH?

Just trying to clean up the logic of hitting RTH when losing the connection.

AD

yea the train a hundred feet below will do nothing to the phantoms control

many times I have though the same things...
why so quick to RTH and if no control signal how will the command get to quad and so on and on?.

I think many think RTH is a do all, catch all, failsafe ,
that will always return the quad no matter what or where.

While it sort of does do that, sometimes it takes a bit of extra work
on the operators part to be sure it works correctly the way you WANT it to.

good luck and have fun flying.

Had similar problem at 120m height. I guess its the problem with the DJI Go 4.0 app.. Never had this problem with the old DJI app..

I too suffered a complete loss of a P4, 2 weeks ago... flying along, 2200 ft away, turning to return back after shooting some vid of some boat slips when I see the vid feed go blank and the aircraft disconnected message pops up immediately.... RTH was set to default 50M so I waited but the P4 never showed up (I know that the RTH works as I had actually tested it by turning off the controller once)
Reviewing the flight log all that it shows is the last position... in a right turn, 10.9mph horizontal speed and no messages. The P4 just lost electrical power and dropped into the river.. LOST.
Now since then it's been a nightmare trying to get DJI to answer any questions... 13 days of "under evaluation" is all I get. P4 only 5 weeks old... 32 flights, 6 hrs in the air, 45.5 miles distance traveled.
I purchased mine thru Cabelas and talked to them about their own Customer satisfaction warranties and was told that their usual 90 warranty /return policy had to be pulled for that product line as so many problems and they were losing so much money on them.

Im probably not going to get a satisfactory outcome after reading of so many on both the DJI forum and this one. Seems DJI has an issue that they don't want to admit to. Seeing too many complaints of P4s losing power and dropping out of the sky.

I too suffered a complete loss of a P4, 2 weeks ago... flying along, 2200 ft away, turning to return back after shooting some vid of some boat slips when I see the vid feed go blank and the aircraft disconnected message pops up immediately
If you'd like people to review your flight log and comment on it, please upload it here and post a link along with the details of your flight in a new thread.

Not a lot to see... Posted on the DJI forum already... Reviewing the CSV file, data just stops midstream... GPS shows point of last entry, no warnings listed, no overboard stick movements, ect.
Might post a link later this weekend though.

I too suffered a complete loss of a P4, 2 weeks ago... flying along, 2200 ft away, turning to return back after shooting some vid of some boat slips when I see the vid feed go blank and the aircraft disconnected message pops up immediately.... RTH was set to default 50M so I waited but the P4 never showed up (I know that the RTH works as I had actually tested it by turning off the controller once)
Reviewing the flight log all that it shows is the last position... in a right turn, 10.9mph horizontal speed and no messages. The P4 just lost electrical power and dropped into the river.. LOST.
Now since then it's been a nightmare trying to get DJI to answer any questions... 13 days of "under evaluation" is all I get. P4 only 5 weeks old... 32 flights, 6 hrs in the air, 45.5 miles distance traveled.
I purchased mine thru Cabelas and talked to them about their own Customer satisfaction warranties and was told that their usual 90 warranty /return policy had to be pulled for that product line as so many problems and they were losing so much money on them.

Im probably not going to get a satisfactory outcome after reading of so many on both the DJI forum and this one. Seems DJI has an issue that they don't want to admit to. Seeing too many complaints of P4s losing power and dropping out of the sky.

Sounds exactly like what happened to mine. I was fortunate that the last reported position is precisely where I found it.

That's great... Had I had a boat, scuba gear, training in that sport I may have found mine also... 30 ft deep fast moving river waters may have carried mine 2 to 300 yards downstream though.
Any future quad flights are going to stay away from the river for a long while.

So far the dropping out of the sky complaints have been almost all user error.

Sounds exactly like what happened to mine. I was fortunate that the last reported position is precisely where I found it.
Did I miss where you posted the DAT file so we can find out what happened? Still a mystery far as I know since we don't have the DAT?

i believe train tracks give off quite a bit of interference as well as the train. we flew at squamish port when they were loading rail tracks onto ship and the drone was drifting and behaving quite strange.

i believe train tracks give off quite a bit of interference as well as the train. we flew at squamish port when they were loading rail tracks onto ship and the drone was drifting and behaving quite strange.
I have flown the same route over and near where my P4 dropped out of the sky numerous times without incident. I don't agree that the tracks cause interference.

I've flow over railroad tracks at far less altitude than you were at nothing and weird happened.

So far the dropping out of the sky complaints have been almost all user error.
How do you explain the sudden power loss and how do users cause that? I was hovering in place, train was at least 2 miles away and I was about 450 feet from the tracks that so many want to claim caused interference. On top of that I didn't even have my fingers on the joy sticks. Curious how these actions could lead to user error.

Reactions: aermale
How do you explain the sudden power loss and how do users cause that? I was hovering in place, train was at least 2 miles away and I was about 450 feet from the tracks that so many want to claim caused interference. On top of that I didn't even have my fingers on the joy sticks. Curious how these actions could lead to user error.
If you would post your DAT for this flight we could try to find a possible cause. Until then no one knows. I've asked for it probably 4 times now. I'd think you'd want to know what happened right? All the answers are in that DAT file.

Reactions: BudWalker
If you would post your DAT for this flight we could try to find a possible cause. Until then no one knows. I've asked for it probably 4 times now. I'd think you'd want to know what happened right? All the answers are in that DAT file.

So I think I've found the correct DAT file but I can't get it uploaded because I get the file is too large message. Suggestions?

OK, finally found out how to do the deed in dropbox so here ya go.
Dropbox - DJI_ASSISTANT_EXPORT_FILE[2017-02-05 17-55-47].DAT
I would contact DJI on this. I would not fly this craft again before doing so. There is literally nothing in the logs indicative of an issue other than instant power loss or some other catastrophic failure. This also concerns me in the logs, not totally sure what they mean.

213.279 : 1182790043 : 12850 [L-FDI][FDI][NS(0)][GPS(0)]: fault on , stuck
213.679 : 1184589442 : 12870 [L-FDI][FDI][NS(0)][GPS(0)]: fault off, stuck
269.279 : 1434789972 : 15650 [L-FDI][FDI][NS(0)][GPS(0)]: fault on , stuck
269.479 : 1435689557 : 15660 [L-FDI][FDI][NS(0)][GPS(0)]: fault off, stuck
292.479 : 1539189732 : 16810 [L-FDI][FDI][NS(0)][GPS(0)]: fault on , stuck
293.279 : 1542789769 : 16850 [L-FDI][FDI][NS(0)][GPS(0)]: fault off, stuck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member