Phantom 4 disappeared today

Thanks for the Positive, guys. I just put together what I consider the perfect kit for my P4. I have a lot of money in it. I am certainly going to hope for the best.
Terry

I found it exactly where the flight record made its last entry. Now the work of where and how to repair.

BeckaOneDown.JPG

man I know the feeling
I found it exactly where the flight record made its last entry. Now the work of where and how to repair.

View attachment 74703

man I know the feeling ranch! my drone was on its top when I found it too on January 12th when I had a failed RTh. I hope the best for you. make sure to document all that happened on your form you will be sending the drone in with. that's what I did and DJI should help

Working around trains shouldn't be a problem. Here's a slow moving freight running through town.

AD (video still capture)

i-vTn882F-XL.jpg

Last edited:
So I was a bit over six minutes into my second flight of the afternoon. I had my P4 hovering over a spot where I could get a shot of a passing train. Suddenly my screen goes blank and "Aircraft Disconnected" message appears on my iPad! What the heck????? I immediately hit the RTH button but to no avail..

I am puzzled by the amount of messages that basically state "I lost the connection with the drone and hit RTH."

If you lose the connection to the drone, RTH becomes automatic after three seconds.

However, if the RTH has started and you start pressing the RTH button, doesn't that cancel RTH?

Just trying to clean up the logic of hitting RTH when losing the connection.

AD

You had a landing battery of 69%. My guess is the bird landed when the signal was lost. Check your settings. Do you have the signal loss action set to RTH or land?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I tried using follow me mode and return to home mode on a non cellular iPad and the functions would not work. So I used my wife's iPad that has cellular capability and they worked

You had a landing battery of 69%. My guess is the bird landed when the signal was lost. Check your settings. Do you have the signal loss action set to RTH or land?
It may have hovered till its' battery was exhausted then landed as you say, but the ground doesn't look too rough enough for it to be sat on its' lid with the battery out and the camera snapped off - my guess is that it fell a decent distance to the ground after either a failure or a bird hit as someone else mentioned (may be that there is blood, feathers or other traces of bird if that is the case). The other option is that it was hit with a man-made object - angry farmer? - or it was a bug.

Reactions: Simon12001
I may have hovered till its' battery was exhausted then landed as you say, but the ground doesnt look too rough enough for it to be sat on its' lid with the battery out and the camera snapped off - my guess is that it fell a decent distance to the ground afert either a failure or a bird hit it (may be that there is blood, feathers or other traces of bird if that is the case). The other option is that it was hit with a man-made object - angry farmer?
My guess is that it landed slowly but clipped a tree branch causing it to tilt then fall

Neon Euc

My first thought is the metal train may have caused disturbance of one ever passed through? I know when I try launching at a baseball field it won't launch since the metal fences are all over. Had to move. Hope you find it.

The train was still a couple miles off. That's why I was hovering. I've done this before with excellent results.

From the screen shot with the H on it, it appears it may be he following. When you hit return to Home it gives you two options. New home or original home. Looks like you may have accidentally assigned a new home.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT