Phantom 4 Battery need info

Reaction score
Hi guys

How are u all today .

I have question .. About P4 battery .
as usual battery are Hot after flight with 35-40% Battery remaining, but i saw battery in the midle one are swelling, i can see from hole at side of the battery, The center hole is narrowed , and 2 other vent hole i can see pass through... And when the temp drop all back to normal, i can see trough from all 3 vent hole ...

Is this normal when hot ?
Is it because midle battery recieved hot temp from 2 other battery cell..

I check on Airdata, battery information no problem.

If you have information i realy appreciated.

Sory for my bad english ..

Thanxs guys

Your English is OK !... can you attach a picture of the battery before and after the flight and the problem showing ?

Hi guys

How are u all today .

I have question .. About P4 battery .
as usual battery are Hot after flight with 35-40% Battery remaining, but i saw battery in the midle one are swelling, i can see from hole at side of the battery, The center hole is narrowed , and 2 other vent hole i can see pass through... And when the temp drop all back to normal, i can see trough from all 3 vent hole ...

Is this normal when hot ?
Is it because midle battery recieved hot temp from 2 other battery cell..

I check on Airdata, battery information no problem.

If you have information i realy appreciated.

Sory for my bad english ..

Thanxs guys
Becareful with any batt that swell,I just use bad batt and caused me p4 to free fall onto my house roof couple days ago,,never noticed any swelling with mine but yes they get hot,,I limit my flights to 30% batt or it used to get real hot inside batt box,,you metion you check and say batt has problem but something is happening for it to swell,,what do cells read in djigo4 app all the same on all cells,,I would keep close eye on it and if you don't trust it ,,don't use it

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
What did airdata report as the temp at end of flight?

Slight swelling could be within accepted ranges. If the battery housing isn’t deformed it’s probably nothing to worry about. If there are no errors reported and the cell balance is within 100mv and your reported capacity and flight times are close to that you get from a new healthy pack keep an eye on it but it’s probably not an issue. The LiPO format doesn’t just reduce packaging weight, it allows for a certain level of expansion when run at high C ratings we typically encounter in RC models.

What did airdata report as the temp at end of flight?

Slight swelling could be within accepted ranges. If the battery housing isn’t deformed it’s probably nothing to worry about. If there are no errors reported and the cell balance is within 100mv and your reported capacity and flight times are close to that you get from a new healthy pack keep an eye on it but it’s probably not an issue. The LiPO format doesn’t just reduce packaging weight, it allows for a certain level of expansion when run at high C ratings we typically encounter in RC models.
Hi sorry i just have time fly today.

I attach photo before fly , and after fly batt on 35% hot condition
So when cold all 3 air vent hole all can see though. But when after fly on hot condition. The vent gone..

1549866633403.jpeg
1549866666358.jpeg
1549866687799.jpeg
1549866743941_1.jpeg
1549866791487_1.jpeg

Hi sorry i just have time fly today.

I attach photo before fly , and after fly batt on 35% hot condition
So when cold all 3 air vent hole all can see though. But when after fly on hot condition. The vent gone..

View attachment 108383View attachment 108384View attachment 108385View attachment 108386View attachment 108387
Especialy the middle vent. For battery case no change .. normal. And after cold all back to normal. I will attach tiday fly battery report from airdata

Interesting. I have never tried to look through the holes. I will fly today and see what mine do. I'll check in later.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic