Phantom 4 battery issues

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem??
I have a phantom 4 pro that I've used for about maybe 2 hours. Today after a year of sitting in the box I went to charge the battery for flight and none of the lights on the battery turned on. I know the power plug is good because I charged the remote controller. I left the battery plugged in for few hours and still nothing. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Just remember not to touch :)
Screenshot_20180708-073936.jpg

Reactions: Harleydude
Agree----I like to keep my battery's thick as a brick,don't want them to know more than me,,have never updated any firmware to battery's so they stay normal for me ;),,in saying that it's probly done automatically with the firmware we install :eek:,,

Reactions: John1960
I have no lights at all? Should I keep it plugged in overnight?
I not 2 sure ,how long was it in box for,was it charged or low, do you get any light when holding the button on for at least 5 sec, bit risky leaving on all night unless temperature stays normal or like me got go have a wee in the night,or 2, if real clever some have carefully open battery to bypass the circut with a trickle charger just to get some life back,,but this method comes with a big warning,not short anything out,lipos bit nasty like that,,might have to bite the bullet and get another battery at least for spare

I not 2 sure ,how long was it in box for,was it charged or low, do you get any light when holding the button on for at least 5 sec, bit risky leaving on all night unless temperature stays normal or like me got go have a wee in the night,or 2, if real clever some have carefully open battery to bypass the circut with a trickle charger just to get some life back,,but this method comes with a big warning,not short anything out,lipos bit nasty like that,,might have to bite the bullet and get another battery at least for spare
Yeah it was stored for almost a year and not sure how full the charge was. In my opinion it's a dumb a s s of a battery for the price. No choice but to buy another piece of garbage [emoji35]

Last edited:
YUP... Same thing happened to me.. All 3 of the batteries went to sleep. Permanently... Have tried this, but never had them return. Not my personal ones, but none the less... That's what I get for not listening to the 'Friday Fly Day" rule...... Wont make that mistake again, now I fly each battery one full time every Friday before I go home...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl