Phantom 4 advanced battery pin melted

Reaction score
Hi. I got my p4a like 2 weeks ago with 2 batteries. Yesterday one of the batteries got stuck in the drone and after a while I pulled it out.

The problem was that the plastic of the battery pins melted a little bit. I tried to charge the battery and to turn on the drone and both works.

I tried the fully working battery and it doesn't have any problem.

Why this should be happend? What should I do with this melted battery?

Attachments

• IMG_4258.JPG
    IMG_4258.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,328
  • IMG_4260.JPG
    IMG_4260.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 681
  • IMG_4261.JPG
    IMG_4261.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 663
Personally, I'd try for an exchange or get the thing serviced since it affected the internal drone contacts as well. It should be a warranty issue, and maybe a bad solder joint or something loose inside and shorting them out.

Probably a failing cell in the battery or a fake battery

I've got exactly the same problem with two P4P batteries now!
The photo is of the 1st time it happened.
The 2nd battery is much worse and has damaged the contacts on the P4P aswell.
IMG_0550.JPG

I agree, contact resistance caused the overheat and runaway condition, hotter makes more resistance, more resistance causes more heat, etc. this will, in both cases only get worse. Get the birds connector replaced, and never use the damaged batteries again.

Reactions: P4P hannuz
Very weird to happen on the most expensive drone line for home users. I will understand it's happen on the phantom 3 standard but in a phantom 4 pro... No way. It should have premium quality.

Very weird to happen on the most expensive drone line for home users. I will understand it's happen on the phantom 3 standard but in a phantom 4 pro... No way. It should have premium quality.
Quality and price don’t always align- perhaps in this case it’s simply a matter of the connector not fully seating. The average load on the pins is 15A, you have seen what the pins on a 15A mains outlet look like. The earlier phantoms seem to have a much better engineered power connector.

Reactions: macoman
This happens when the battery is loose, so most likely you clicked in only the one part of the battery. Same thing happens on a motorcycle battery if the terminals are not really snug tight. You should be lucky your drone did not drop out of the sky as that is the usually the end result. I posted a video on this exact problem as it happens more than you think.

It was part of a tutorial for are Phantom Rain Wetsuits but you will get the general concept from it.
That loose battery is why the Cold affects the battery so much for those who might not know.
Once that battery is sealed properly , the battery can last much longer in the freezing cold , as we now have clients in Alaska flying every day in - 20 degrees below and flying longer and more confidant than ever .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl