Phantom 3se micro sd card

When I first tried to play 4K video it was very choppy, locking up for a few seconds and then playing another second or so. I thought it was the media too. Then I played it on VLC media player which allowed me to slow it down. I played it at about 40% and, voila!, a beautiful video played! Turned out my PC or video card/monitor needs to be upgraded to handle 4K.

Hmmm, maybe didn't do my homework well enough. I'll have to keep in mind about the V60.
Most frequent shared recommendation of 4K camera owners is exactly this card, SanDisc Extrem Pro. Tomorrow I will get one of it, I will describe my experiences. But if you can not record even 2,7K ,then there is something wrong, sd card, or something in your camera.
Is this a right Micro SD for me? Thanks in Advance.

Pete : whats the specs of the lap top or computer..how old is it and whats the processor speed ?......video card type ? when we know that ..... it will tell a lots of why you can't run a 4K video with out lags and stutters....please find out and post here..then we know much more about things that can sure affect play back....Good post Keith M now hope he lets us know more about his system.

Before returning your bird, I just want to check one more thing. When you say, “it locks up when trying to record video,” are you sure that it fails to record, or does it “lock up” when you try to play the video? If you are having trouble playing the video, are you sure that your playback device (your pc and monitor, I assume) is able to handle 2K and 4K video? Can you play other 4K video with no problem? Probably not an issue for you, but it was with me so thought I would put that out there in case it saves you the time and trouble of shipping back the P3.
When I tap the record/shutter button on my iPad (or iPhone) to record video, all of the camera controls turn gray (from white) and no longer respond. The button ,which is red when I tap it, gets the little recording box for a second, then turns gray. The video counter does not indicate that it is recording at all. Also, all of the camera status data turns to NA and I sometimes get a gimball disconnected error. The error sometimes goas away, but I still have no camera function. Sometimes I get an invalid sad card error too. I’ll have to shut the ac off and restart to get camera function back

Reactions: tzonny
Pete : whats the specs of the lap top or computer..how old is it and whats the processor speed ?......video card type ? when we know that ..... it will tell a lots of why you can't run a 4K video with out lags and stutters....please find out and post here..then we know much more about things that can sure affect play back....Good post Keith M now hope he lets us know more about his system.
I’m using my iPad and iphone. I’m guessing it’s not a playback problem because the camera isn’t recording any video. When I tap the record button, it turns gray and All the camera status data turns to NA. I sometimes get a gimball disconnected error, which sometimes goes away, but I still can’t use any of the camera controls on the iPad. I get a steady red blinking light on the ac camera status indicator on the front of the gimball. When I restart the ac, the red light clears and I have all function back. I can take pictures, just not video. It locked up again if I try.

OK, so the problem is definitely when you try to record. Thanks for clarifying. Hopefully your description of exactly what happens when you try to record will sound familiar to someone who can either confirm it’s the SD card, or a bad ac, or maybe just a config setting. Personally I have not seen or read about this type of problem before, but there are a lot of good folks with more knowledge and experience than me on this board so maybe one of them will read and respond.

Hmmm, maybe didn't do my homework well enough. I'll have to keep in mind about the V60.

Is this a right Micro SD for me? Thanks in Advance.
I have a Sandisk Extreme PLUS Card, I made a comparative test with an other U3 card, and with an U1 card.
Members of test was:
3Cards.png

Samsung 64 GB sd card with U1 certification (which garantees 10MByte/sec data speed)
Kingstone 32GB sd card with U3 certification (which garantees 30MByte/sec data speed) and Class10 certification wich is equialent to U1
Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32 GB card vith U3 and V30 cerifications (which garantees 30MByte/sec data speed)

I measured the real read and write dataspeed of these cards
Samsung U1 card :
Samsung_Test.png

Both values, 40MB reading speed, and 18 MB write speed is far over the expectation of U1 standard. (10MByte/sec)
But in my experience this card is to slow to record 4K video in same situations (fast changing, very detailed image)

Kingston U3 card:
Kingston_Test.png

Both values, 77MB reading speed, and 36 MB write speed is over the expectation of U3 standard. (30MByte/sec)
But in my experience this card is to slow to record 4K video in same situations (fast changing, very detailed image)

Sandisk Extrem PLUS U3 card
SanDisk_Test.png

Both values, 78MB reading speed, and 60 MB write speed is far over the expectation of U3 standard, it is on the limit of V60 certification.
In my experience this card is excelent for recording 4K videos in any situation.

During my today's testing was the avarge dataspeed of recording 8,5MByte/sec. It means, there are scenarios, when every one of tested cards is enough.
In this testing I made recording indoor, with low light, at fast moving the picture was smeared because of long exposition time of camera. Smeared picture can be very good compressed, so I wasn't able to increase dataspeed.

But when I was flying with P3SE in sunshine with high speed on low altitude over dense vegetation whose picture was pinned and fine grained, the dataspeed went up to multiple of avarge (such picture can not compress efficiently) over 40MByte/sec, the data cache of camera was filled and overflowed, and recorded video was disturbingly broken.

That's why an P3SE owner needs an SD card with the speed of SanDisk Extrem PLUS

I have a Sandisk Extreme PLUS Card, I made a comparative test with an other U3 card, and with an U1 card.
Members of test was:
View attachment 93877

Samsung 64 GB sd card with U1 certification (which garantees 10MByte/sec data speed)
Kingstone 32GB sd card with U3 certification (which garantees 30MByte/sec data speed) and Class10 certification wich is equialent to U1
Sandisk Extreme PLUS 32 GB card vith U3 and V30 cerifications (which garantees 30MByte/sec data speed)

Samsung U1 card :
View attachment 93879
Both values, 40MB reading speed, and 18 MB write speed is far over the expectation of U1 standard. (10MByte/sec)

Kingston U3 card:
View attachment 93880
Both values, 77MB reading speed, and 36 MB write speed is over the expectation of U3 standard. (30MByte/sec)

View attachment 93881
Both values, 78MB reading speed, and 60 MB write speed is far over the expectation of U3 standard, it is on the limit of V60 certification.
In my experience this card is excelent for recording 4K videos in any situation.

During my today's testing was the avarge dataspeed of recording 8,5MByte/sec. It means, there are scenarios, when every one of tested cards is enough.
In this testing I made recording indoor, with low light, at fast moving the picture was smeared because of long exposition time of camera. Smeared picture can be very good compressed, so I wasn't able to increase dataspeed.

But when I was flying with P3SE in sunshine with high speed on low altitude over dense vegetation whose picture was pinned and fine grained, the dataspeed went up to multiple of avarge (such picture can not compress efficiently) over 40MByte/sec, the data cache of camera was filled and overflowed, and recorded video was disturbingly broken.

Extreme Pro ok?

I have the same problem sent one p3 se back and got another one...same problem,only way to get my samsung pro uhs-1 card to work is to reset cam and format sd card everytime i turn it on.very frustrating and these cards arnt cheap,never had this problem with any other device....ever[emoji34]

When I tap the record/shutter button on my iPad (or iPhone) to record video, all of the camera controls turn gray (from white) and no longer respond. The button ,which is red when I tap it, gets the little recording box for a second, then turns gray. The video counter does not indicate that it is recording at all. Also, all of the camera status data turns to NA and I sometimes get a gimball disconnected error. The error sometimes goas away, but I still have no camera function. Sometimes I get an invalid sad card error too. I’ll have to shut the ac off and restart to get camera function back
I have same problem,i also am on second ac.so i figured must be sd card.i can get mine to work but i have to first reset my cam then format sd card and it works untill its turned off again,then repeat next time its started.[emoji107]

Members of test was:
View attachment 93877

Samsung U1 card :
View attachment 93879

Kingston U3 card:
View attachment 93880

View attachment 93881

Nice Work, Very Helpful.

Same problem with my P3SE. The weirdest thing is that i can record Full HD an even 2.7K videos on a Kingston Class 10 16GB card, but with absolutely the same Kingston card, but 32GB i cannot record at all, not even in HD format. As soon as i press record button camera control freezes and in about a minute it gives me an error, and i have to restart the AC to get the camera control working again! I can even record in 4K resolution but a bit choppy, but still records! I seems to me that the camera on our AC is very picky on cards! A think that if i stick any card less than 32GB it will work OK any time....
Can we update the camera firmware at all, or not?

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Same problem with my P3SE. The weirdest thing is that i can record Full HD an even 2.7K videos on a Kingston Class 10 16GB card, but with absolutely the same Kingston card, but 32GB i cannot record at all, not even in HD format. As soon as i press record button camera control freezes and in about a minute it gives me an error, and i have to restart the AC to get the camera control working again! I can even record in 4K resolution but a bit choppy, but still records! I seems to me that the camera on our AC is very picky on cards! A think that if i stick any card less than 32GB it will work OK any time....
Yeah im new but i now do it in a strict order by camera reset wait,then format sd card,then it will let me record on the samsung pro 32gb card in 4k,but when its turned off i have to do all again[emoji107]

I have same problem,i also am on second ac.so i figured must be sd card.i can get mine to work but i have to first reset my cam then format sd card and it works untill its turned off again,then repeat next time its started.[emoji107]
****, maybe I should have tried a 16GB card. I never tried anything smaller than the 32GB. Oh well, we’ll see what it does when I get it back from DJI. You’d think they would have the bugs worked out by now, but I guess not!

Reactions: tzonny
Hi pete,my card was a 32gb samsung pro,sure is a lot of messing about dont think i ever had an sd card problem in my life,now i have had 3 in a row.and about bugs cant change the wifi band with my compatable galaxy s6 but can with my missis s8 thats not on the list.what with sd cards and probably have to get a new phone now aswell its getting expensive.good luck and let me know what they said.

I using the latest firmware. I wonder if the older firmware has the same problems.

I using the latest firmware. I wonder if the older firmware has the same problems.
I am using .20 firmware, so i guess no difference with mine, and the latest that you are using. It`l be a good idea for you to try with a 16GB card just to see what happens...

I received my Phantom 3SE back from DJI Repair. They replaced the gimbal and camera under warranty. I haven't flown it yet (as it has been -15 in MN for the last month I think), but sitting in the living room, it takes pictures fine, and records 4K video fine with the 64Gb Sandisk Ultra Pro card. Before, it would lock up when I tried to record video in anything other than the lowest resolution. So far so good. I'll repost when I try it in flight. According to the repair order, If it wasn't covered by warranty, the repair would have cost $349 ($219 for the camera and gimbal, and 2 hours labor at $65/hour.

Reactions: PhantomFlyer3SE

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.