Phantom 3se micro sd card

Reaction score
Ok, simple language for a non-tech newbie. Please recommend a micro sd card that will work to record 4K video in my new phantom 3se. Any idea why a sandisk 64gb v30 extreme pro card won’t work? It takes pictures fine but locks up when trying to record video. I tried switching to 2.7K video but it still didn’t work. Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
I just got my Sandisk Extreme PRO 32GB last week. Video Speed Class - V30, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) 95 MB/s read speed. Is that going to work Pete Sahr?

Last edited:
I just got my Sandisk Extreme PRO 32GB last week. Video Seed Class - V30, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) 95 MB/s read speed. Is that going to work Pete Sahr?
Not sure, but this card didn’t work for me. Not sure if it was just a bad card, or if I need something else

Attachments

• 3FD8FC0E-4B3A-4AB1-AD7A-41843D2F269E.png
    3FD8FC0E-4B3A-4AB1-AD7A-41843D2F269E.png
    688.7 KB · Views: 797
Reactions: charlieb4
No, not yet, as I am waiting for my gimbal and camera issues resolve. Then I will try it.

This sure MIGHt Help....i think your write speeds are way to low see the vertical yellow Bar.....V60 is for a 4K Video
V30 is waaaaaaaaaaaay too slow for 4K Vids. Good Luck and keep us informed what you do.Thanks
video_speed class_01.jpg

This sure MIGHt Help....i think your write speeds are way to low see the vertical yellow Bar.....V60 is for a 4K Video
V30 is waaaaaaaaaaaay too slow for 4K Vids. Good Luck and keep us informed what you do.Thanks
View attachment 93813
V30 is plenty good enough, 30MBs = 240 Mbs, four times the max bitrate of the phantom 3 SE (60 Mbs).

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Thanks "With".... for making the answer more technical.....i learned something too...and the others sure did also....We are still learning ! was it you that posted the chart that i re posted above With ?

Thanks "With".... for making the answer more technical.....i learned something too...and the others sure did also....We are still learning ! was it you that posted the chart that i re posted above With ?
No... wasn’t me who posted the chart.

It was me who said Sandisk cards are rubbish from my experience- three dead ones out of six for me. They just stop working and get hot when you stick them in the SD slot. People seem to think they are great, I wouldn’t use one now if you have it to me.

No... wasn’t me who posted the chart.

It was me who said Sandisk cards are rubbish from my experience- three dead ones out of six for me. They just stop working and get hot when you stick them in the SD slot. People seem to think they are great, I wouldn’t use one now if you have it to me.
We’ll, then hopefully there’s something wrong with my card (and not my camera). What card would you recommend, other than sandisk?

Reactions: Spazz_MMCF
We’ll, then hopefully there’s something wrong with my card (and not my camera). What card would you recommend, other than sandisk?
Strange :....I have been a user of Sandisk cards for years..Im a very active person with my many cameras as i shoot events with a NIKON D3200 at 24 mb a picture and i depend on "My Sandisk" cards to properly save the recorded files...some times at a event i shoot 300 to 500 pictures or more... to include a few special videos and to date after 10 years No failures to yet and Gee some swear at them and other swear about them....that's me ^Thumbs Up^ !...And Pete lets Not rule out its the Sandisk cards problem. they do have a 5 year warranty and the drones cameras are sure not without defects ! Thank You.

SD™ / SDHC™ / SDXC™ Cards 5 years
microSD™ / microSDHC™ Cards 5 years

Last edited:
Reactions: chrismatthewssr
Most frequent shared recommendation of 4K camera owners is exactly this card, SanDisc Extrem Pro. Tomorrow I will get one of it, I will describe my experiences. But if you can not record even 2,7K ,then there is something wrong, sd card, or something in your camera.

MotorCycle-Man, I agree with you about Sandisk cards I’ve also used them for years in my Nikon D7000 & D800 and have never had a bad card they must be a problem with there equipment

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
So I picked up a new sandisk Extreme plus 32 GB 100MB/s 667x card to try and it does the exact same thing. Did I mention this is a brand new AC. I guess that means it’s either a incompatibility problem with sandisk cards, or else it’s something wrong with my camera. This is my second new drone as the first SE I bought wouldn’t power up, so they sent me a new one. Now this! I saw an earlier post where someone had the exact same problem. I’ll try to contact them and see what the solution was.

Before returning your bird, I just want to check one more thing. When you say, “it locks up when trying to record video,” are you sure that it fails to record, or does it “lock up” when you try to play the video? If you are having trouble playing the video, are you sure that your playback device (your pc and monitor, I assume) is able to handle 2K and 4K video? Can you play other 4K video with no problem? Probably not an issue for you, but it was with me so thought I would put that out there in case it saves you the time and trouble of shipping back the P3.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl