Phantom 3 Video Issues

Reaction score
I am wondering if anyone is having similar issues to me. I have had my Phantom 3 Standard for around 2 months now and previously had no issues. However recently the app has been updated and now whenever I go above 40m altitude I will loose my video signal. I can still control the drone I just have no video. The drone has firmware version 1.6.80 and the app is 3.0.1. I am not in beginner mode, have tried moving the antenna around and other general suggestions I have seen for similar issue.

If anyone knows anyway I could solve this I would be very thankful!

Is you phone or tablet on the the approved DJI device list? Android or Apple?

Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD

Is you phone or tablet on the the approved DJI device list? Android or Apple?

Recommended Devices
  • ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPod touch 6, iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
  • Android: Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, SONY Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD
I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, but a few weeks ago it was working fine

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge, but a few weeks ago it was working fine

S7 is not on their list and too many report questionable issues with it. Some say it works, other not and maybe why it isn't on their list. It might never go onto their list too.

Fwiw, I have an older S6 'Edge' which is also not on the list (Edge isn't shown) and it is iffy. Sometimes it works 95% of the time, and other 5% the video breaks up badly. I don't know if the vanilla S6 phone works any better, but it might as it doesn't have the Edge's curved screen along with its fly-out menu which might make the Edge model consume more resources.

I also have a Samsung tablet and it is worse on video lag than the S6 Edge phone. Likely it is more under-powered and too many resources being used which is something Samsung and the carriers need to address and stop having so much bloatware running behind the scenes. I've even gotten ads popping up for Starbucks while flying in GO. Annoying.

I gave up on the Sammy's and took the recommendations on here and moved to an Apple iPad Air 2 + Cellular with T-mobile (Should have gone with Verizon for more rural coverage around here, but live and learn.) and it is far above the Samsungs for video lag matters. Thankfully it hasn't demonstrated a lag matter yet, not even 1%, but I get a feeling that the iPad Pro model would be better from my chat with Autologic and using their Autoflight app which takes a lot of processing power against the Air 2 once I begin to use it more.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj