Phantom 3 Training or Renting before buying

Reaction score
Hi all - have just joined the forum so please excuse any obvious questions.

Am very keen to get a Phantom 3 by August to take on holiday but have had very little flying experience to date, just with micro drones (with relative success).

Does anyone know of anyone offering any drone flying training (ideally a P3) near London?

Have asked around about renting one for a few days to try it out before I commit to but but only feedback so far was that the FAA does not allow this and would have to rent a drone with a pilot!

Any feedback much appreciated,

Cheers

P3 w GPS will be a lot easier to fly than even a Syma X5 which is all manual mode... There is nothing to be afraid of. Very stable device's. Suggest getting some flights under your belt before going on Holiday and learning then.

Hopefully by August batteries, props, gimbals and other spare parts will be easily found locally.

This like any hobby requires time and $$$$

I agree with the above.. the only thing I would add is... get some practice before you go off on holiday and fly in unfamiliar areas... it's one thing to fly in a place you know well - but quite another to fly in a place you haven't seen before - so your piloting skills need to be better.

The local camera and lens rental place here in Orlando has a P3P for rent. So, I assume other places will rent them out, too.

But ... as already mentioned, you will find that the P3 is very much easier to fly than the small quads you have flown. I had never flown any remote controlled aircraft before I bought a P2V and I have never had a problem. You don't really fly the Phantoms. You just tell them where to go and they figure out how to get there. If you get into trouble, you can just take your hands off the controls and the 'copter will just stop and hover in place.

- Roger

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31