Phantom 3 subject tracking

Reaction score
Just a brain fart!
While I understand there are apps available for IOS devices that enable subject tracking and the phantom 4 has this feature enabled in the GO app. Its something I would like to use on the phantom 3 within the GO app. Im guessing it may be turned on as an additional feature later in the year because at the moment its a marketing tool for the phantom 4. I saw another app has a walls feature. Brilliant idea, these things should be part of the stock app, not that I don't want to support developers but there are already a few apps, costing from £10-£22 each that have their own advantages and disadvantages but to get a good toolkit I would have to buy each app and switch between them to get the type of shot I want. For me the DJI Go app would be perfect if it included the walls and subject tracking features as well as automatic 360 panorama shooting. Maybe I'm asking too much but who knows.

If you could have anything in the stock app, what would it be?

Reactions: rene van der meer
Just a brain fart!
While I understand there are apps available for IOS devices that enable subject tracking and the phantom 4 has this feature enabled in the GO app. Its something I would like to use on the phantom 3 within the GO app. Im guessing it may be turned on as an additional feature later in the year because at the moment its a marketing tool for the phantom 4. I saw another app has a walls feature. Brilliant idea, these things should be part of the stock app, not that I don't want to support developers but there are already a few apps, costing from £10-£22 each that have their own advantages and disadvantages but to get a good toolkit I would have to buy each app and switch between them to get the type of shot I want. For me the DJI Go app would be perfect if it included the walls and subject tracking features as well as automatic 360 panorama shooting. Maybe I'm asking too much but who knows.

If you could have anything in the stock app, what would it be?
Malakai,
It is a nice idea, but could be difficult on a P3.
I do not know how the P4 has implemented tracking, but I assume the algoritme runs on the AC control SW and not in the App.
I might be to difficult (amount of data) and slower (latency) to run real time image recognition on the App.

Ahh ok, i just installed it on my iPad as its free to test. Was going to go test it but the wind has picked up quite a bit.

What's the app name?

Depending on how you use Vertical Studio it works well given that you select your subject to follow through what you see on your phone. Here are a couple of links to my tests on YouTube:

For me the lesson I have learned is do not try to be too close to your subject as it will lose it. Being at a higher altitude or a bit further away helps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
intertronixlabel