Phantom 3 std - questions

Reaction score
Hi guys.

have some general question about Phantom 3 STD.

Q1: I'm using Samsung S8 phone and when I connect to Phantom's wifi it says I have no internet connection. Is this the way it's meant to have WIFI strictly to Drone and no internet connection? Or do you guys somehow configure that you use 4G data also while connected to drone's WIFI?

Q2: Firmware update - When I firstly launched DJI go app I got info that firmware must be updated. I saw some tutorials on they internet and they were are all doing manualy firmware upgrade of drone by copying bin to SD card,etc.
I was suprised I was able to upgrade firmware directly with my phone and DJI app.. But there is something what is still unclear to me. I've read firmwares can be upgraded on drones and also on their RC's. I don't know if my upgrade of firmware from dji go app also triggered RC upgrade? Do you need to do that step manually? Can you somehow check if RC also has the latest firmware?

Q3: At the first launch of DJI GO app and clicking the camera button I somehow got to the demo tutorial where you could learn how to fly with drone. I'm trying to find out how to triggered that simulation again and can not find it...

with best regards
B

when I connect to Phantom's wifi it says I have no internet connection
That's as expected since the drone's Wi-Fi network is not connected to the Internet. Your mobile device is alerting you since most people connect mobile device's to Wi-Fi to access the Internet.

I've read firmwares can be upgraded on drones and also on their RC's.
DJI GO will alert you if the remote controller firmware needs to be updated. It can also be updated from DJI GO. You can manually trigger the update like this.

At the first launch of DJI GO app and clicking the camera button I somehow got to the demo tutorial where you could learn how to fly with drone. I'm trying to find out how to triggered that simulation again and can not find it
There is no way to manually trigger that function. You'll find better information in the Phantom manual. You can download that from the P3S downloads page.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94