phantom 3 standard shutter speed issue

Reaction score
Hi I am new to town and I appreciate all the help I can get. I just picked up a phantom 3 standard and I am having a bit of issue with the image being way over exposed. I am running manual 1080p with 24fps white balance custom with -3 -2 -3 iso 100 but to get any kind of clarity I have to crank the shutter speed to 400 and even then the sky and anything light is blown out. Its my understanding that the shutter speed should be double the frame rate so I am wondering if this indicates another issue with my settings or the camera itsself?

Hi I am new to town and I appreciate all the help I can get. I just picked up a phantom 3 standard and I am having a bit of issue with the image being way over exposed. I am running manual 1080p with 24fps white balance custom with -3 -2 -3 iso 100 but to get any kind of clarity I have to crank the shutter speed to 400 and even then the sky and anything light is blown out. Its my understanding that the shutter speed should be double the frame rate so I am wondering if this indicates another issue with my settings or the camera itsself?
It is generally understood that a shutter of twice frame rate gives a more cinema like feel yo your footage. This has absolutely nothing to do with correct exposure.

Get you exposure right first then work out what ND filters you need to bring your shutter speed down.

Reactions: RodPad and clutch88
Your P3S camera is simply getting too much light. Most of us end up getting ND filters to attenuate the amount of light reaching the camera. Like sunglasses for your Phantom to force a slower shutter speed. I use the ND8 filter mostly with my P3S here in the blasting New Mexico sun with good results. You can also fly and shoot video late afternoon or around sunset (or sunrise) with a low sun angle. Fly away from the sun and makes for nice shadows to highlight your subject. Of course, this limits your videos to a short window in the day. ND filters for the P3S are available from several vendors for $20-30 range. Several vendors are listed here: DJI Phantom 3 Standard Accessories & Tips | Phantom Help

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues