Phantom 3 standard says its in flight but the motors do nothing??

Well my apologies, if you have any insight to what might be the problem it would be greatly appreciated
HI...sometimes when people don't reply they might be looking into why your having this fault and not ignoring you,,I read a lot before I reply to anything incase I not right,,go smoke something and chill :)and I'm with you on not being motor fault and I'm still starting my head on this...it's a bit hard to not having parts to try lyning around....buying bits and bobs adds up to $$$$$:)hang in there,,,just had another idea...try relinking to remote again

HI...sometimes when people don't reply they might be looking into why your having this fault and not ignoring you,,I read a lot before I reply to anything incase I not right,,go smoke something and chill :)and I'm with you on not being motor fault and I'm still starting my head on this...it's a bit hard to not having parts to try lyning around....buying bits and bobs adds up to $$$$$:)hang in there,,,just had another idea...try relinking to remote again
Also where you say your lights are blinking red and blinking yellow non GP
1491433530349-862259999.jpg

Naa there not all bling onlt the back 2 yellow ones. The front 2 are red solid red not blinking.
Um aircraft status lights are at the back and red solid lights at front can be turned on or off just read another bit from Google saying to relink ,,,even try re-download of DJI app

Um aircraft status lights are at the back and red solid lights at front can be turned on or off just read another bit from Google saying to relink ,,,even try re-download of DJI app
Ive done that several times. The app was actually crashing this morning for everyone dji fixed it fast

Wow,

If the Phantom thinks it flying and you take it like 100 yards or neighbors house, etc. Does it recognize that it is moved?
If so try RTH :eek:

What happens if you pick Auto Take off?

Upload your flight log.
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

I think something is wrong in the main board, the software is not seeing the motors and reporting any errors (current draw).

Look at my two logs from this post.
Motor Overload Question

How can the app tell you its in flight with out any motor data?
One of the recent updates the App will tell you that there is no props on the motors.

What has been your longest silent flight?

Rod

You will probably run into issues switching out the motors like you have. The firmware is very sensitive to the motor values, resistance, load etc. If the firmware is getting readings that are not what it is looking for from the original motors, you will likely get all kinds of motor warnings and probably ESC warnings. Just like users are reporting with the newest firmware on the Advanced and Pro.

DJI has specifically noted that the motors are not interchangeable from one model to another. I can assume the same will apply to aftermarket motors as well.
Good luck....

I could swear that I've read plenty of other threads here where others have successfully replaced motors. The only restriction that I recall reading is that the replacement motor must be the identical oem motor as the one being replaced.

I think maybe the clue to the problem is that your ginble moves when you move the joysticks - that isn't suppose to happen. Did this begin right after you "repaired all gimble wires"? Is there a possibility that you got some wires crossed while doing that?

Secondly, about the motors - why do you suspect the non-starts might be with the ESC's? Were the replaced motors giving you problems prior to your removing them from the bird? If so, what kind of problems? If thery were NOT giving you problems have you tried re-installing them and seeing if they still work?

I could swear that I've read plenty of other threads here where others have successfully replaced motors. The only restriction that I recall reading is that the replacement motor must be the identical oem motor as the one being replaced.
Yes, you can replace like motors with like motors but unless you are certain in what you are doing, you can't use different motor types.
The two types used for a P3 are 2312 and 2312a. These are not interchangeable and not because they look different but because they have different electromechanical characteristics. OP used a completely different model motor. I could understand the mistake of swapping 2312 and 2312a but where did the one he used come from?

2214 is 920KV, 2312 is 960KV, 2312a is 800KV.
If the original was 2312 and not 2312a, MIGHT have gotten away with it if the phase connections were correct but not if original was 2312a.

Have you tried to re-install the phantoms software with DJI Assistant? If not, try that.

@CDG138
Where do you use "DJI Assistant?" ?

Rod

Not anymore for the P3 series.
You may be able to force reload of FW on the SD card by pressing the link button within a certain time after power up. You may have noticed in the update logs about user input timeout.
Using debug file is another way but not a full reload.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl