Phantom 3 standard recording straight to iPhone

Reaction score
Good evening,

I apologise if this question has been asked a million times, I can’t seem to quite find the right answer.

I thought my phantom 3 standard would just record straight to my phones camera roll when I pressed record on the app as it was running. I realise now I’m totally wrong. Is there any way of doing this?

Thank you for reading,

Louise

I thought my phantom 3 standard would just record straight to my phones camera roll when I pressed record on the app as it was running. I realise now I’m totally wrong. Is there any way of doing this?
The only place that the high quality images are recorded is the SD card.

If understanding guestion correctly
When you press the snap shot/.Video record button in go app it saves those pictures to the drone. While still linked to drone download those pictures to your phone/ devise.
You take picture via the go app not your phone

If understanding guestion correctly
When you press the snap shot/.Video record button in go app it saves those pictures to the drone. While still linked to drone download those pictures to your phone/ devise.
You take picture via the go app not your phone

Thank you so much for your reply :)
That sounds great, what is the procedure to send images and videos to your phone from the drone?

I've been trying to have a look and all I can seem to find is that it can be done using the Go 4 app but as I have a phantom 3 standard this wouldn't be compatible with my drone, can anyone help?

Thank you for reading,

I looked into this a bit ago but have put it on the back burner for now. You can do it via RTMP to another computer from your phone / tablet. You'll find RTMP in GO on the Live Stream parameter page, same as Facebook Live and some other streaming options. IOS only, IIRC.

For the computer programs I looked into OBS Studio, Mona Server, Stream Capture 2 and nginx 1.13.10.1 Crow are some of the apps I looked into. I did get it somewhat working, but not reliable. Google " capture an RTMP video stream?"

Louiser what I do to transfer photos, vids to phone assuming that is the devise you are using with go app while flying. While in camera mode ( screen you see while flying drone) click main menu top right hand screen and you will see pictures drone took. Click on picture you want to send to phone then click on icon at bottom of screen (little box with arrow pointing up,) and that will upload pic to phone. Same as you would if sending a pic in a text message on your phone. I use I phone, I pad so I hope I explained process as I am definitely not a tech guy being 63 years old lol once photo is on phone text or e mail it to whomever hth

And yes make sure you are still connected to drone like you were when flying to download pics to phone
Hope that makes sense

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.