Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

First test flight with 5.8 mod.

Going to tweak something and retest tomorrow. Looks very promising. 85% RC signal at 1.6km.
(without any stupid ar**ek and other fake antenna mods so don't inquire about antennas please)

Firmware 1.7.82
27dBm 2.4Ghz (ojczenasz mod)
30dBm 5.8Ghz (ojczenasz mod)
Original 2.4Ghz inside anntenas.
Small clover leaf 5.8Ghz antenna.

IMG_0447.PNG

The clover leaf antennas on the drone.

Plik_002.jpeg

Last edited:
thats very cool! 30 dbm with "chinese ebay" 5,8 board soldered in, or some resistor magic? i tried a cheap 5,8 2 watt external booster with a stepup converter directly from internal battery cell, but can only fly 500 meters more than before.
if i may ask, where did you buy the cloverleafs?

thats very cool! 30 dbm with "chinese ebay" 5,8 board soldered in, or some resistor magic? i tried a cheap 5,8 2 watt external booster with a stepup converter directly from internal battery cell, but can only fly 500 meters more than before.
if i may ask, where did you buy the cloverleafs?

Corrected:
28 dBm programmable + resistors.

Cloverleafs from ebay. Not best quality, Chosen 2 best ones from 6 I had to test.

Last edited:
Three leaves for transmitter. Four leaves for receivers (x2). But don't get crazy about antennas - You'll get same range with original antennas.

Three leaves for transmitter. Four leaves for receivers (x2). But don't get crazy about antennas - You'll get same range with original antennas.

Yes, I got tired using and bringing big ARGtek. Now back to stock antenna.

But now I got strange behavior on my 2.4 Ghz connection. It disconnect and re-connect every time by it self when flying, after I mod to FCC 20 (red-green light on controller). Not happening when landed.

Arya Dega

But now I got strange behavior on my 2.4 Ghz connection. It disconnect and re-connect every time by it self when flying, after I mod to FCC 20 (red-green light on controller). Not happening when landed.

Arya Dega

Interference or loose antenna connection.
Make sure to shutdown Bluetooth devices too.

Reactions: Arya

Arya Dega
If you're using DJI Go, the apps probably periodically lower the tx-power to 17dbm. Then PapaTita program will also periodically shot the tx-power back to 20/27dbm.

Going to tweak something and retest tomorrow. Looks very promising. 85% RC signal at 1.6km.
(without any stupid ar**ek and other fake antenna mods so don't inquire about antennas please)

Firmware 1.7.82

View attachment 63004

View attachment 63015

Hi, been looking back to find out what the "ojczenasz mod" is. Can you direct me to the page. The 30dbm on the 5.8Ghz i really want to try.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If you're using DJI Go, the apps probably periodically lower the tx-power to 17dbm. Then PapaTita program will also periodically shot the tx-power back to 20/27dbm.

Got the cause.... There are about 10 big internet WiFi tx around my field. Today I moved to other field with only channel 2 used by others. Then my P3S take the channel 6 with free.. There I got 1.1 km distance befor RTH.

After taking more than 25 hour total flight from the first flight, doing antenna mod, today I feel happy with PapaTita's FCC 20 (for fighting the interference) and the stock antenna. No heat at all from my controller. I'm not kind of long range manual player. But when I need more than 1.1 km range I can use DJI Go or Ultimate Flight or Litchi way point like Korakora did.

Arya Dega

Got the cause.... There are about 10 big internet WiFi tx around my field. Today I moved to other field with only channel 2 used by others. Then my P3S take the channel 6 with free.. There I got 1.1 km distance befor RTH.

After taking more than 25 hour total flight from the first flight, doing antenna mod, today I feel happy with PapaTita's FCC 20 (for fighting the interference) and the stock antenna. No heat at all from my controller. I'm not kind of long range manual player. But when I need more than 1.1 km range I can use DJI Go or Ultimate Flight or Litchi way point like Korakora did.

Arya Dega

It's good to hear that this mod is working well for you.
Going to patch mine to 20 dbm, just to have more solid connection for video. I'm not long distance flyer so it will be more than enough for me. With stock antenna I'm able to reach 400 m so far, but not in a city of course.
Will post my results after test with patch applied.

I`ve patched mine with 27dBm, and scan channel. Went 1,7 km with solid video signal and then lost control connection (used windsurfer). Hit RTH, but drone freezed and just hover in the air about 3 minutes. Tried hit manual RTH, turn of remote, it still hovered. Almost sh... my pants, but after several seconds it started to go back. Decided to never test range again.... Used Litchi app.
Healthy drones: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I`ve patched mine with 27dBm, and scan channel. Went 1,7 km with solid video signal and then lost control connection (used windsurfer). Hit RTH, but drone freezed and just hover in the air about 3 minutes. Tried hit manual RTH, turn of remote, it still hovered. Almost sh... my pants, but after several seconds it started to go back. Decided to never test range again.... Used Litchi app.
Healthy drones: HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Are you using Litchi VR when this happened?

Reactions: AngryBird
Are you using Litchi VR when this happened?
No, only litchi with my samsung Note 4. It happened 2nd time for me. First it happened when I did max altitude test. Went 400 meters up, lost RC signal and drone hovered for several minutes. Also with Litchi.

No, only litchi with my samsung Note 4. It happened 2nd time for me. First it happened when I did max altitude test. Went 400 meters up, lost RC signal and drone hovered for several minutes. Also with Litchi.
Did you set the lost signal behavior to RTH in Litchi?

Reactions: AngryBird

Firmware 1.7.82

View attachment 63004

View attachment 63015

Are you gonna tell us the details on the 5,8 mod?

2 km?.......that's a crazy distance for the Standard, bravo!

It's going very slow. I have no real RF meter since no one has contributed.
Is anyone willing to help get the meter ? I would speed up things dramatically. I wouldn't have to go out and fly every time I need to test.
Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT