Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

1.6.8 works with papatitas tool.
if you dont have any connection / range issues, leave it as is

elswhere: force downgrade to 1.5.7 :

2 methods:

method 1)
remote and copter battery must be at least 50% full
format sd card with dji go
fresh downloaded P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin (if old one is corrupted)
via pc on sd card,
remote and copter off, hold link button on copter, switch copter on
(leave remote off) still hold link button! when gimbal starts to beep
and gimbal led alternates red/green, release link button and wait approx 20 minutes
until gimbal led is solid green,
powercycle remote and copter,
if necessary link remote to copter

method 2)
format sd card with dji go
fresh downloaded P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin (if old one is corrupted)
via pc on sd card,
remote and copter off, switch on remote, wait a few seconds,
switch on copter, start dji go, wait for connection, open camera view but dont do anything else, put sd card in copter,
gimbal beeps and gimbal led should start alternating red/green, wait approx 20 minutes until gimbal led is solid green.
powercycle remote and copter,

if both methods dont work or remote wont bind:

if it doesnt do anything, post the generated logfile
(its on the sd card)

if the update starts, but is cancelled ( one looong beep)
just try it again a few times
it it still doesnt work:

switch on remote, wait a few seconds,
switch on copter, start dji go, wait for connection,
start upgrade via dji go (internet required):
not in camera view but in opening screen press the hat symbol in the right upper corner for about 10 seconds, then select a firmware upgrade (1.6.8)
it will update only the parts that arent this version, especially the remote itself.
wait until its downloaded
and do the upgrade (dont interrupt)
after that you can try to downgrade to 1.5.7. with method 1 oder 2 from above.
if it doesnt work, post the log.

it it works, dont forget to check the settings in the app and calibrate remote, gimbal, IMU, compass.

Did all of them. Still no luck.. log says Downgrade is not availible. stays on 1.6.8 Now i need a tester that has no problem patching on 1.6.8 cos this thing can not be downgraded anyhow. Tested on 5 other copters and all work fine on downgrade. But this one Updated again/tryed 3 sd's/ method 1-2-3 nothing works. Also i see a strange thing about this quad, the battery lights blink so slowly. even i tryed to update the (battery only) on my p3pro, it says updated, but still blinks slowly :)) strange p3s.. So if the patching works on 1.6.8 i will pass this one o helping a friend. I just dont want to brick it.. so If the patch works on 1.6.8, then im gone do it and leave the quad alone :D

Did all of them. Still no luck.. log says Downgrade is not availible. stays on 1.6.8 Now i need a tester that has no problem patching on 1.6.8 cos this thing can not be downgraded anyhow. Tested on 5 other copters and all work fine on downgrade. But this one Updated again/tryed 3 sd's/ method 1-2-3 nothing works. Also i see a strange thing about this quad, the battery lights blink so slowly. even i tryed to update the (battery only) on my p3pro, it says updated, but still blinks slowly :)) strange p3s.. So if the patching works on 1.6.8 i will pass this one o helping a friend. I just dont want to brick it.. so If the patch works on 1.6.8, then im gone do it and leave the quad alone :D

Upgrade to 1.7.0082 (0084 won't work) and patch like normal.
This version is stable enough and still patch-able.
Note that once upgraded, you can only downgrade to 1.6.8.

Would this be a nice upgrade for antennas?
Ive changed to FCC but antennas suck major. Jumping back and fort from 0 to very good, about 80+
It does this at 30 meters, aswell as 500 meters

Would this be a nice upgrade for antennas?
Ive changed to FCC but antennas suck major. Jumping back and fort from 0 to very good, about 80+
It does this at 30 meters, aswell as 500 meters

if you dont mind warranty, open the remote (4 screws) and check if all 3 antenna cables are right in place in their sockets on the pcb boards.

similar issues have been described with firmware 1.6.8, oder sometimes 1.5.7, you might try upgrade/downgrade as described one page earlier.

do you have the jumping within the rc or the wifi signal? the rc antenna in the video makes sense, the wifi antennas might not help much

if you dont mind warranty, open the remote (4 screws) and check if all 3 antenna cables are right in place in their sockets on the pcb boards.

similar issues have been described with firmware 1.6.8, oder sometimes 1.5.7, you might try upgrade/downgrade as described one page earlier.

do you have the jumping within the rc or the wifi signal? the rc antenna in the video makes sense, the wifi antennas might not help much
I downgraded to 1.5.7, 1.6.8 have me max range of 50m before RTH.
Its RC connection that is bad, wi-fi very good signal. Will try the paper diy wave surfer tomorrow. Maby that Will help

I downgraded to 1.5.7, 1.6.8 have me max range of 50m before RTH.
Its RC connection that is bad, wi-fi very good signal. Will try the paper diy wave surfer tomorrow. Maby that Will help

have you tried other locations to fly?

windsurfer wont help much.. the patch antenna from the video has a lot more effect.

check the cables as mentioned, its not uncommon that the 5,8 ghz antenna cable plug becomes loose, you might check this also in the copter. was there any crash etc?

linking remote new, calibrate everything seems to help in some cases with connection problems paradoxically.

hi
is someone have trying mod the antennas on the phantom?
i do not find a post about that
thanks
for 5,8 ghz thats a good cheap antenna: (i quadrupled my rc range with that)
5.8 Ghz patch antenna - FPV flying
for 2,4 ghz you dont need new antennas when using fcc 27db mod,
but if you want you can use any high gain (not too high) 2,4 ghz patch antennas
if you want to diy everything, take a look at the helical and cloverleaf tutorials/threads in another forum by user "ibcrazy" who knows and describes the matter very well.

Last edited:
Tried many (4) locations. Yesterday i flew a minimum of 600 m from any house or powerline. Still RC drops from almost full to zero. Video Link is the last thing to drop, actually it never have. Never had any Crash luckely.
If i check cables i void warrenty aswell right?
I dont know if there is something else that is wrong. Everytime i get compass error and it enters atty mode a moment before it gets into gps mode again
have you tried other locations to fly?

windsurfer wont help much.. the patch antenna from the video has a lot more effect.

check the cables as mentioned, its not uncommon that the 5,8 ghz antenna cable plug becomes loose, you might check this also in the copter. was there any crash etc?

linking remote new, calibrate everything seems to help in some cases with connection problems paradoxically.

for 5,8 ghz thats a good cheap antenna: (i quadrupled my rc range with that)
5.8 Ghz patch antenna - FPV flying
for 2,4 ghz you dont need new antennas when using fcc 27db mod,
but if you want you can use any high gain (not too high) 2,4 ghz patch antennas
if you want to diy everything, take a look at the helical and cloverleaf tutorials/threads in another forum by user "ibcrazy" who knows and describes the matter very well.
thanks for your answer
my english is not very good
i saw ib crazy posts about antennas
and my question is about the phantom itself and his antennas
not the antennas of the transmitter
are there some mods?
like a cloverleaf on the top of the quad?

thanks for your answer
my english is not very good
i saw ib crazy posts about antennas
and my question is about the phantom itself and his antennas
not the antennas of the transmitter
are there some mods?
like a cloverleaf on the top of the quad?

There are 3 antennas: 1.5 GHz, 2.4 GHz, and 5.8 GHz. Which one do you want to mod?

Arya Dega

Last edited:
i am speaking about this ones
seems 5.8 ghz dipole
there are located in the landing gear
is someone try to changes them by cloverleaf or anything else?

Attachments

• -315052161704820340.jpg
    -315052161704820340.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 365
This thread is not about fake 3rd party antennas , they're all crap if compared to original antennas. Don't break your toy.

a cloverleaf antenna is not a crap antenna
but i am agree with you with chinese patch or square antenna alike
I have clover on both drone and remote. No improvement in distance or rather no change at all.
They only difference is that signal tends to penetrate tree leaves tiny bit better.

I have clover on both drone and remote. No improvement in distance or rather no change at all.
They only difference is that signal tends to penetrate tree leaves tiny bit better.

+400m

Attachments

• DSC_0513.JPG
    DSC_0513.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 424
  • DSC_0506b.jpg
    DSC_0506b.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 444
  • DSC_0514b.jpg
    DSC_0514b.jpg
    554.8 KB · Views: 412
  • DSC_0515.JPG
    DSC_0515.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 447
  • DSC_0516.JPG
    DSC_0516.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 405
Reactions: Arya
The first mod scripts that were used set the strenght to "fixed 27dbm". After that some people encountered the RC's transmitters gettings warmer, because of transmitting strenght was fixed on 27dbm no mather the distance.
The latest mod script sets the strenght to "limit 27dbm" meaning the strenght is variabel depending on the distance.

Many thanks for the clarification Paul, much appreciated.

Phantom P3, I like the look of your set up. Do you have a thread of what's involved etc ?

Last edited:

clovs are omnidirectional, so if both on rc and quad > no distance improvement.
if you use helicals on rc and clovs on quad, and point rc to quad while flying around, a lot better range & pentrance
at least my experience, 2,400 meters , back then no booster and not even cc 27db mod,
just diy helic+clovs +the earlier linked 5,8 11dbi patch:

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor