Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

DJI Go app will set the CE or FCC mode according to GPS position every x time.
The mod overwrites this to FCC mode every 10 seconds.
You sure is every X time or it's just every time when we start a new flight?
Otherwise if it changes during flight it won't be a good thing.

Yes, the script loops ( repeates) every 10 seconds.
No No I mean is DJI Go changing it only at the beginning of each flight (app launch), or it's actually looping to change it back even during a flight? I don't tend to believe so.

here is an interesting stuff happening here.. I did this patching on 5 p3s quads with no problem. But now i one of them does not downgrade to 1.5.7
Anyone has this problem yet ? i tryed 3 different sd cards with the same method i used.. But it keeps beeping but never start downgrading..

May i try to patch it on 1.6.8 ?
try this method

1. open microsd from gimbal
2. copy firmware at root microsd
3. turn on rc
4. turn on aircraft (do not insert microsd yet!)
5. open djigo (just open dont touch enything)
6. until ph3s show up then insert the microsd
7. updating firmware should be running fine :)

*works with me

try this method

1. open microsd from gimbal
2. copy firmware at root microsd
3. turn on rc
4. turn on aircraft (do not insert microsd yet!)
5. open djigo (just open dont touch enything)
6. until ph3s show up then insert the microsd
7. updating firmware should be running fine :)

*works with me

:) Thanks. as i used to force downgrade by holding the bind button at startup,, with your method is it needed or not ?

This part of the script watchlog.sh (#Version 2.5), there are loop there though dji go/litchi move to 17dBm script change it back to 27dBm in 10 seconds.
Thank you! Installed your mod and everything is great now, reached 675m instead of 250 in very busy city area
i'm allready mention on my prev post :)
Sorry, I missed your post. This topic became hard to follow, it must have FAQ section in first post or PapaTita should make his own topic with blackjack and.. you know ;)

Reactions: PapaTita
most likely it will brick your RC

Does papatita mod preserve the settings in such cases or I should execute something via telnet every time?

papatitas mod sets 27dbm every 10 seconds,
BUT at my system starting dji go 2.8.0 kills the entire watchlog.sh !

[EDIT: its not killed whe dji go is startet, but when the home point is updated,
and its also not killed, the watchlog process runs, but it doesnt set back to 27dbm]

if starting watchlog.sh manually after dji go, it keeps running and setting 27dbm

thanks for the brick warning, i´ll try another solution,
would adding a "sleep 120" at the beginning of the watchlog.sh work?

could updating firmware resolve this issue? (from 1.2.4 to 1.6.8) ?

Last edited:
thanks for the brick warning, i´ll try another solution
I don't want to misguide you, actually I didn't know that its possible to run loops like watchlog.sh does, and I still don't get how it happens, since to me, if you run infinite loop inside executing script it won't allow to execute anything after it, but somehow it does in djiled.sh. So if your loop is written in watchlog manner it can help you

Reactions: petermeter
. So if your loop is written in watchlog manner it can help you

maybe the watchlog.sh is just startet as a separate process?
unfortunately all this is not done with windows .bat files ^^ which would be easier for me, honestly i have no idea how this linux stuff works...
anyone?

again, i want to express that it is great that people find the time an nerve to develop and share
useful hacks like this

Reactions: beshanoe
maybe the watchlog.sh is just startet as a separate process?
Surprisingly, it's quite trivial to run script in background, just add & sign at the end of execution line. PapaTita does this in djiled.sh like: watchlog.sh -ch13 &
So you can also do it that way

sorry for the language!

@beshanoe: thanks, i noticed that.

would this work (with the & at the end of the oop now,
so the whole loop is executed in background):
for (( ; ; ))
do
sleep 60
watchlog.sh
done &

???

(it would be nice if there was a RRE, a realistic remote emulator)

@PapaTita :
would it be a problem to start watchlog.sh every minute in an endless loop from djiled.sh?
with ps (show processes) i can only see the watchlog process if it was started by djiled.sh, but not if i started it manually, so i dont see how many instances are running.

maybe i should try upgrading firmware first. (i wanted to avoid that)

Petermeter
If you use papatita patch with rc + drone the results isnt what you want?
The script runs on drone too...

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

yes, when homepoint is recorded, papatitas patch stops working
in remote and drone
I had the impression that so far this was not an issue - dji go app cancelling the FCC as soon as home point recorded! I just applied the mod yesterday but no chance to test it until next week.. Is there an easy way checking the 27dbm rc only beside actual flying?

I had the impression that so far this was not an issue - dji go app cancelling the FCC as soon as home point recorded! I just applied the mod yesterday but no chance to test it until next week.. Is there an easy way checking the 27dbm rc only beside actual flying?

I think with a telnet app on the connected phone or tablet you can check with iwinfo command.

I patched on 1.6.8
Did not notice any difference at first....
But once over the sea i got 2000mts and did not lose fpv!

Enviado do meu LG-H955 através de Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT