Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Mine is GB too. I did not touched rcS file.

Looking at your post #428, should the script permission not be 775 ?

Also, could you share your watchlog.ph file ? Just to avoid messing up file format while creating it...

Test #1
5.8G with an AOMWAY 14DBI planer antenna
2.4G with 2 normal wifi 8DBI antenna

mod with auto wifi channel switch & TX power limit

signal seems good till 1000m

upload_2016-6-28_8-15-4.png

upload_2016-6-28_8-20-39.png
upload_2016-6-28_8-20-55.png

CH13, Tx power limit 2700, Manual Go home
5.8ghz booster module used
2.4ghz Original Patch antenna
20160627_162914.jpg

healthydrones_com_20160628_093151.jpg
healthydrones_com_20160628_093310.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ojcze Nasz
Ch13 change at the boot
watchlog script run in the background to retain 27dbm setting

Stock antenna
Windsurfer for 5.8Ghz

2016-06-22 21.18.22.jpg

Got a clean 1.5km flight. Gone straight forward.
Facing it sideways may give you more distance(+30%).

2016-06-28_11-05-53.jpg

2016-06-28_9-44-01.jpg

In-flight video.

Last edited:
Looking at your post #428, should the script permission not be 775 ?

Also, could you share your watchlog.ph file ? Just to avoid messing up file format while creating it...

Scripts should be given 775 to be executed. (or at least 755)
Left my phantom at home, please give me some time to upload. :)

I was not quick enough to get the setchan.sh script that was posted earlier, can somebody share it again ? Would be great to add it to my bird :]

@Argonaise : I got your script to work, it's perfect, thanks again ! No modification to rcS whatsoever !

Scripts should be given 775 to be executed. (or at least 755)
Left my phantom at home, please give me some time to upload. :)

After further investigation, it seems your script missed a CRDA update, my drone remained on GB mode, 17dbm while the script was running...
I can provide you with the messages log if you want
Also, why don't we try a test on reg get result instead of looking inside logs for CRDA ? if reg get <> BO, then reg set BO => done !

I'm on expert on script though !

After further investigation, it seems your script missed a CRDA update, my drone remained on GB mode, 17dbm while the script was running...
I can provide you with the messages log if you want
Also, why don't we try a test on reg get result instead of looking inside logs for CRDA ? if reg get <> BO, then reg set BO => done !

I'm on expert on script though !

Try this easy method, it is guaranteed to work!

execute one time over telnet on RC and Drone
echo '* * * * * if [ `/usr/sbin/iw reg get | sed -n 1p | cut -c9-10`!=BO ]; then /usr/sbin/iw reg set BO && /usr/sbin/iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700; fi' > /etc/crontabs/root

or create file /etc/crontabs/root
* * * * * if [ `/usr/sbin/iw reg get | sed -n 1p | cut -c9-10`!=BO ]; then /usr/sbin/iw reg set BO && /usr/sbin/iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700; fi

And add lines to then end of the file /etc/init.d/rcS

mkdir -p /var/spool/cron
ln -s /var/spool/cron/crontabs /etc/crontabs
/usr/sbin/crond

Last edited:
Try this method, it is guaranteed to work!

execute one time over telnet on RC and Drone
echo '* * * * * if [ `/usr/sbin/iw reg get | sed -n 1p | cut -c9-10`!=BO ]; then /usr/sbin/iw reg set BO && /usr/sbin/iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700; fi' > /etc/crontabs/root

or create file /etc/crontabs/root
* * * * * if [ `/usr/sbin/iw reg get | sed -n 1p | cut -c9-10`!=BO ]; then /usr/sbin/iw reg set BO && /usr/sbin/iw dev wlan0 set txpower limit 2700; fi

And Add To /etc/init.d/rcS

mkdir -p /var/spool/cron
ln -s /var/spool/cron/crontabs /etc/crontabs
/usr/sbin/crond

Thanks a lot for the suggestion

Will try it, but I don't like to modify rcS...

Guys i am confused with this ce to fcc mod.The thread is sooo big that finally i dont know how to mod.
Just to sum up and help the new ones like me in here.
1.what steps to follow for the mod to stay also after rebbot?are those steps on video enough or we have to run one of those super scripts?
2.those who bricked the units can you remember any spot you done wrong just to help us avoid it?

Guys i am confused with this ce to fcc mod.The thread is sooo big that finally i dont know how to mod.
Just to sum up and help the new ones like me in here.
1.what steps to follow for the mod to stay also after rebbot?are those steps on video enough or we have to run one of those super scripts?
2.those who bricked the units can you remember any spot you done wrong just to help us avoid it?

For sure the thread is getting confusing !

So far what you should know : the risk of bricking is mainly by modifying rcS. (Several people ****** up their birds in this very thread...)
You can activate telnet by adding a line inside djiled.sh, which should not brick if you mess up. Then via telnet you can do some trials and launch some scripts, without risk of bricking.
To download/upload from RC/drone use a proper ftp tool like filezilla that can handle permissions. To modify the scripts use a proper code editor like notepad++. Always check permissions when you uploaded your file into RC/drone, should be same as before (usually 775).
Good luck !

Hello i buy dji stantard and while fly 30 metre signal lost and return home do you know when the firmware is avalaible?

thanks for reply.if i edit djiled.sh there isnt any risk to brick.what script should i launch?

Hello i buy dji stantard and while fly 30 metre signal lost and return home do you know when the firmware is avalaible?
billi this is a common problem of last update (video loss). i sent my drone back to dji cause i believed its broken. just downgrade to previous fw. it will help a little. you can find tutorial on google.

I buy 600 euro and iam agry because i buy dji to fly no return 30 metre i send my dji to creece and iam waiting 3 weeks

I buy 600 euro and iam agry because i buy dji to fly no return 30 metre i send my dji to creece and iam waiting 3 weeks
k ego apo ellada.. from where did you buy it?shop.there isnt dji in greece.i also sent it back like you . they send them togermany.bought it from plaisio.Last firmware is new but as problem with video signal.just downgrade it to previous firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4