Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

So another update. The selchan script does work OK for me for the most part. I cannot connect to channel 13 is one issue but the another issue I have is that after the sleep 30 command and the script runs, which I have it set to change to channel 1, after I see it change, I lose DHCP from the RC. No device can obtain an IP address. I got past this by setting a static IP to 1.20 on my phone and boom, I was back in action. Granted I wanted to use channel 13, but even on channel 1, I was able to get over 2,000ft in my urban neighborhood.

may be need to restart the udhcp service, but i dont have this problem on my pc/phone, will try it later

file seem correct, may be eol format changed ? use notped++ to covert eol to unix type then save and upload then reboot
telnet.d should be open after reboot
putty 192.168.1.1 with telnet default setting, no password

ps: dont use mac to mod......it seem most bricked device is mod by mac, similar to your case but you are so lucky with new mod method. The eol format should be wrong after save, may be you can try terminal > vi on mac

+x permission problem maybe?
Avoiding osx textedit in modifying scripts seems to be important point. Instead of using ftp & textedit, using vi in case of osx would be safe!

I'm planning to use wifi bridge repeater(or WDS) to stabilize & extend phantom wifi connectivity. Is this possible to set phantom to connect wifi repeater instead of RC temporarily? For example, setting wifi AP mac address in phantom aircraft configuration to connect repeater side and restarting network service only, using executing sh script in terminal.

Thank you.

Last edited:
yes, messes up the rcS file will cause bricked
so, if you are in Fcc area, u can just do step 1-9(add telnet @ djiled), and then use setchal.sh (channel 13 mod), it will boost 27dbm for you

by follow this, you are no need to modify rcS file. Dont touch the rcS file. type "iw reg get" to check you are in fcc or ce

if you are CE area, then follow step 9-14 to patch rcS, normally it is much better than download rcS to pc, modify it, upload....

SingLag,

I have edited the djiled.sh file, set permissions to 775. However, after I reboot the Drone and RC I can't telnet. It says connection refused on 192.168.1.1. I'm attaching my djiled.sh file if you can take a look. I did make a backup of my original file in /sbin in case I need to delete these and rename the original back. Also, after all reboots I still have FTP access so it is pretty safe to edit this file. Just can't seem to get the simple telnet access as expected and not sure if telnetd is actually starting.

I'm in FCC mode (US) so just want to do the channel 13 mod.

Thanks,

Chad

Attachments

• djiled.sh.zip
    661 bytes · Views: 201
SingLag,

I have edited the djiled.sh file, set permissions to 775. However, after I reboot the Drone and RC I can't telnet. It says connection refused on 192.168.1.1. I'm attaching my djiled.sh file if you can take a look. I did make a backup of my original file in /sbin in case I need to delete these and rename the original back. Also, after all reboots I still have FTP access so it is pretty safe to edit this file. Just can't seem to get the simple telnet access as expected and not sure if telnetd is actually starting.

Thanks,

Chad

dont use mac to edit pls...
i have no pc now, so i edit and re-save in linux eol format on my android, pls try it

Attachments

• djiled.sh.zip
    258 bytes · Views: 217
Interesting. I did edit it on a Mac but used TextWrangler and saved with Unix LF but I'll do it on Linux and report back.
And just to confirm we add this on line 2 even with the "&" symbol?
telnetd -l /bin/ash &

Thanks,

Chad

Interesting. I did edit it on a Mac but used TextWrangler and saved with Unix LF but I'll do it on Linux and report back.
And just to confirm we add this on line 2 even with the "&" symbol?
telnetd -l /bin/ash &

Thanks,

Chad
yes, make it run at background

Ok I tested FCC mod!
I went to my test area out of town. First I launched DJI GO and when GPS recorded home position the whole system back to CE mode.
I flew. About 400 m alert "weak image transmission signal" so i decided go back.
After landing i launched telnet on my phone (without closing DJI GO app) and I switched it to FCC mode.
I flew again. About 650 m alert "weak RC signal" but image signal was still full.

In conclusion: FCC mod very improved image signal!
Now the problem is RC signal (5,8g) however mod allows us to fly further :)

Ojcze Nasz - great work!

A small note:
I noticed that the wifi signal without mod has only 17 dBm (firmware 1.6.080). While the official parameter gives 20 dBm in CE mode . I think DJI reduce the power in this firmware version. But why?

Thanks SingLag. I was able to properly edit the djiled.sh using Linux and now have telnet to both RC and Drone. What a headache with Windows/Mac/Linux file formats. :)

I'll explore the channel 13 mod tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy.

Great work on this stuff.

Reactions: SingLag
I was aware of the Mac issues. Wanted to try it anyway to confirm a working method for Mac but... Naah. I'll just try in Ubuntu tonight instead. Thanks for the help!

Follow up question. Dji go reverts to CE right? So I might aswell purschase Litchi right away?

Ok I tested FCC mod!
I went to my test area out of town. First I launched DJI GO and when GPS recorded home position the whole system back to CE mode.
I flew. About 400 m alert "weak image transmission signal" so i decided go back.
After landing i launched telnet on my phone (without closing DJI GO app) and I switched it to FCC mode.
I flew again. About 650 m alert "weak RC signal" but image signal was still full.

In conclusion: FCC mod very improved image signal!
Now the problem is RC signal (5,8g) however mod allows us to fly further :)

Ojcze Nasz - great work!

A small note:
I noticed that the wifi signal without mod has only 17 dBm (firmware 1.6.080). While the official parameter gives 20 dBm in CE mode . I think DJI reduce the power in this firmware version. But why?
17dbm + 4dbi antenna gain = 20dbm +-1 as dji spec

I think I found a way to do it. There is an app called "Wifi Manager" It lets you select to scan for AP's all the up to channel 14. I am going to test now and report back.

I think I found a way to do it. There is an app called "Wifi Manager" It lets you select to scan for AP's all the up to channel 14. I am going to test now and report back.

Well that didnt work. I need to root my phone to be able to change it.

SingLag,

Thanks,

Chad

do u enable telnet in drone and rC, check again the russian video , have teaching

I enabled telnet in both drone and RC. Once you get the file edited in the correct format (used Linux) then you can upload the same file to both RC and Drone. I actually made a backup of my existing file (djiled.sh.bak) on both devices before copying it back over to make it easy to restore to default if needed.

I thought I read in one of the posts that running the script manually doesn't survive a reboot? I actually prefer the flexibility of having stock configuration and option to run your script when I want to put it in channel 13. Is that a correct assumption that running the script is not a permanent setting?

I thought I read in one of the posts that running the script manually doesn't survive a reboot? I actually prefer the flexibility of having stock configuration and option to run your script when I want to put it in channel 13. Is that a correct assumption that running the script is not a permanent setting?

setchan.sh will scan best channel (or user input), and set 27dbm on rc and drone, setting will restore to stock if you dont set autorun when boot

rc and drone are no chance to brick if you apply new mod method to enable telnet.d and run setchan.sh manually, because it keep rcS file in dji stock one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic