Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

So everything works perfectly now. Going to try it out in the weekend but I'm sure it's a hit! =)

One though though SingLag. If we use your script it should really be enough to change GB to OK in rcS, right?

Awesome, this is cool to have the flexibility to run it manually and set Channel 13. Is there anything in the script that needs to be commented out for the FCC scenario and just want to enable channel 13? You did a nice job commenting the script but I wasn't sure if it did anything that would not be desired for my scenario.

I am FCC and one thing I noticed today when powered up the RC and Drone and first connected via Telnet is that my dBm was like 17 and it said country GB. I realized I hadn't picked up satellites yet so I took the bird outside and let the GPS sync. Once it said it was good to fly for GPS I rechecked and it then said FCC mode and 27dBM. So, probably obvious to most everyone but if you are looking at your bird indoors and wondering about the output make sure you have GPS to get accurate "stock" info. Also, I'm in the US so curious why it initially was GB and 17dBm (ETSI I think) and not US FCC mode.

Also, another tip to some looking to do this. If you don't have a rooted device you might be able to even use channel 13. I use a Mikrotik router/FW and it is really flexible in changing the wireless regional settings so I changed to Japan and used 2472 (channel 13) as a test to make sure the devices I would be flying with can even sync to this channel. It was interesting that my Android phone (non-rooted) didn't give me the option to change the region, but my stock iPad mini 2 did allow me to change but it also seemed to connect to channel 13 without any changes. My rooted ASUS tablet worked fine for channel 13 as well. My point is that if the device that runs DJI Go or Litchi can't use channel 13 then that will be an issue as well.

If I stated anything incorrectly, let me know.

I plan to test the script later today but wanted to make sure I was clear on what it does.

Thanks,

Chad

Also, I'm in the US so curious why it initially was GB and 17dBm (ETSI I think) and not US FCC mode.

Chad
I think this is done so that DJI is on the safe side so users can't fool the system by covering the GPS module to get FCC mode. So it uses the one with least power until the location is confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think this is done so that DJI is on the safe side so users can't fool the system by covering the GPS module to get FCC mode. So it uses the one with least power until the location is confirmed.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks makes sense, at least from DJI perspective to get their product past the regulators.

SingLag,

So I am trying to run the script on the RC and followed your video exactly. I even installed ConnectBot to type in everything as you did but I keep getting an error that "/bin/ash: setchan.sh: not found". Any idea why it won't find or execute the script? I confirmed that I set permissions on the script to 775 as well. I wasn't sure if it was a path thing so I went to /usr/sbin and verified the script is there and tried to run it from that directory. I must be missing something simple.

So everything works perfectly now. Going to try it out in the weekend but I'm sure it's a hit! =)

One though though SingLag. If we use your script it should really be enough to change GB to OK in rcS, right?
yes, if you are in ce mode area, for fcc mode area, no need to edit the rcS file

SingLag,

So I am trying to run the script on the RC and followed your video exactly. I even installed ConnectBot to type in everything as you did but I keep getting an error that "/bin/ash: setchan.sh: not found". Any idea why it won't find or execute the script? I confirmed that I set permissions on the script to 775 as well. I wasn't sure if it was a path thing so I went to /usr/sbin and verified the script is there and tried to run it from that directory. I must be missing something simple.

check the "#!/bin/sh" at line1, make sure file is existing, actually just download my script from google drive then save to 192.168.1.1/usr/sbin, chmod775, run as root, it should work
try to execute like this ./usr/sbin/setchan.sh

you can also create a simple script for test as below, just vi and create a new file, chmod 775 then run it

#!/bin/sh
iwinfo
echo "hello world"

Last edited:
Tested it today, still only managed 550m, lost video lol, oh well. Ill try another area later, the area i was in was just open fields though :mad: got another RTH at 290m too. The signal is a lot worse when the drone is pointing towards me. Ill also do an antenna mod soon. Im aiming for 1000m ill be happy with that.

Last edited:
hello

today I decided to go back to the standard , I 've successfully uploaded the original rcS file for rc , but when I upload the rcS for the drone , the connection break ,

i can turn motor using csc command, can connect to rc wifi, can connect to ftp rc(192.168.1.1), but i cant connect to ftp drone(192.168.1.2). also no camera display on dji go app,

already tried to downgrade but long sound appear, no downgrade status on log file,

hello

today I decided to go back to the standard , I 've successfully uploaded the original rcS file for rc , but when I upload the rcS for the drone , the connection break ,

i can turn motor using csc command, can connect to rc wifi, can connect to ftp rc(192.168.1.1), but i cant connect to ftp drone(192.168.1.2). also no camera display on dji go app,

already tried to downgrade but long sound appear, no downgrade status on log file,

Bricked, why don't you use the new brick free method ?

Some pictures of sunhans phantom three standard mod.
I pointed the antenna in the wrong direction and got full strength throughout the trip...
will return when I have tested more

I update setchan.sh to version 1.1 for user who have external booster for his RC
#Version 1.1
# 1) Add new user argument
# -ch for set channel number, eg. -ch 13
# -booster will limit RC tx power to 20Dbm for protect your external booster
# 2) Add Restart udhcp and apsvr

setchan.sh

Reactions: StefanMK
check the "#!/bin/sh" at line1, make sure file is existing, actually just download my script from google drive then save to 192.168.1.1/usr/sbin, chmod775, run as root, it should work
try to execute like this ./usr/sbin/setchan.sh

you can also create a simple script for test as below, just vi and create a new file, chmod 775 then run it

#!/bin/sh
iwinfo
echo "hello world"

Man this is driving me a little nuts now. Even a simple test script will not execute from either /usr/sbin or /usr/bin directory. I keep getting this message and the output of ls -la:

/ # ./usr/sbin/setchan.sh

ash: ./usr/sbin/setchan.sh: not found

/ #

/ #

/ # ls -la /usr/sbin

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 0 Apr 18 05:03 .

drwxr-xr-x 6 root root 0 Apr 18 04:34 ..

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 arping -> ../../bin/busybox

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 brctl -> ../../bin/busybox

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 chroot -> ../../bin/busybox

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 crond -> ../../bin/busybox

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 14120 Apr 18 04:05 fw_printenv

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Apr 18 04:34 fw_setenv -> fw_printenv

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Apr 18 04:34 hostapd -> wpad

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Apr 18 04:34 insmod -> /sbin/kmodloader

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 78456 Apr 18 04:06 iw

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Apr 18 04:34 lsmod -> /sbin/kmodloader

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Apr 18 04:34 modinfo -> /sbin/kmodloader

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Apr 18 04:34 modprobe -> /sbin/kmodloader

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 ntpd -> ../../bin/busybox

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 16 Apr 18 04:34 rmmod -> /sbin/kmodloader

-rwxrwxr-x 1 root root 2681 Apr 18 05:13 setchan.sh

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 telnetd -> ../../bin/busybox

-rwxrwxr-x 1 root root 38 Apr 18 05:05 test.sh

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 tftpd -> ../../bin/busybox

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 17 Apr 18 04:34 udhcpd -> ../../bin/busybox

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 67672 Apr 18 04:05 vsftpd

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Apr 18 04:34 wpa_supplicant -> wpad

-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 317432 Apr 18 04:06 wpad

Any suggestions? I'm no Linux expert but can find my way around ok. I think I must be missing something simple or my RC is not cooperating as it should. BTW, everything was edited and uploaded from a Linux box. Is there something maybe up with the PATH and/or the shell?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl