Phantom 3 Standard Range Issue is a Common Problem

My P3S was fine up Aug 20th, Flew just like the P2V+. Did a firmware update then Aug 22nd my signal problem showed up. I pretty sure two more upgrades came out none fixed I finally had to send it for repair.

Like Dirk said, these units could be different inside. That make sense to me some of the units (components) are failing on firmware updates.

Reactions: dirkclod
Yeah, why does it? o_O
Because that's the day I flew that far but still was on the update I got on 9/22 .
Ya don't think I would try that the first day with it do ya :) lol

You missed it 10/04/2015 not 04/10/2015
:confused:

I see know but just got it :eek: Hell know I'm confused
Crap Rod ..they put the day before the month on all of em. LOL
I was like WTH :)

The day before the month is how us Brits arrange the date. Always confuses the hell out of me when I come across the US format - especially when the numbers could be taken either way. .........You would have thought that something as important as the date format, would be a global standard [emoji1].

Reactions: Greybush
Yep, it gets me all the time.

Hello; im new in this forum and my native lenguage is not english so excuse me.
I bought toó a p3s in 2nd december in usa; im worry becouse i'm having exactly the same problem; i can't fly more than 50 mt with out RTH starts; i have roté to dji but they only say i must fly in open área... but im fliying in open área and with no interffernce (in rural área in Colombia); does somebody have found a fix to this problem???
Tk for your help

Doesn't this app cover phantom series, and Inspire models? Would it screw all of em up in some way?

Doesn't this app cover phantom series, and Inspire models? Would it screw all of em up in some way?
It does the P3 series and inspire but not the earlier ones. Not sure what you mean about screwing them up .

It does the P3 series and inspire but not the earlier ones. Not sure what you mean about screwing them up .
Well, if it is the app that's causing the reception issues with the p3s, are there any issues showing up with the advanced, pro, inspire? I know it covers all five models, because I have to pick my model out of a list to hook up.

Well, if it is the app that's causing the reception issues with the p3s, are there any issues showing up with the advanced, pro, inspire? I know it covers all five models, because I have to pick my model out of a list to hook up.
I read in that section a lot Buford and have never seen anything about that .
Who knows if they have something written in the Standard one that's causing some to have problems .
From what range I got stock and what I have seen from others I think it's a hardware thing .is JMO :)

Could be. Someone on here said they know about, and are working on it. Lets hope their software guys are better than their customer service dept.

I had some pro update problems and fixed them by removing and reinstalling the Go App (android) and then doing an IMU calibrations.
I was getting weak signal messages and other related problems.

Point is only - try everything - even the obvious things.

Yes, there have been reported range problems with the Standard. It seems strange that they can't be easily fixed with either a FW upgrade or a series of steps.

These are really complex machines...they still haven't yet fully made it to "consumer electronics" - they should be smart enough to know what is wrong and fix themselves in situations like this.

Reactions: bobmyers
So, whats the verdict here on the range issue, is it a firmware issue or simply that some rc have dodgy short tight cables that are disconnecting or breaking inside the remote.
. The forum seems to have both as convincing reasons but nothing definative.
iv had mine out only twice, but put the loss of signal at 5mtrs , down to being so close to other wifi routers etc etc .was waiting to try it on open ground, but im now hesitant as i cant figure out what is really going on.
Out of the box & updated 2 weeks ago.
thanks
new & dissapointed phantom pilot !

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4