Phantom 3 Standard ND filters - where to buy?

Reaction score
Hi, i currently have a push on CPL lens which has improved my footage but now thinking id like to step it up with ND filters but can not seem to find a set of a few ND filters which need to be push on due to the drone being a Standard.

Thanks for any help

You can find filters that are compatible with the P3S here.

Hi, i currently have a push on CPL lens which has improved my footage but now thinking id like to step it up with ND filters but can not seem to find a set of a few ND filters which need to be push on due to the drone being a Standard.

Thanks for any help
I got some from amazon and they work great and weren't to expensive. I gotta find the order but I'll look in a little while and post what ones I got. I bought them 2x. I have ND 4,8,16,32, and 64. I use the ND16 most of the time. On very sunny days the lower ones didn't seem to work as good.

Reactions: Green Phantom
hi

oh that sounds great, yeh the CPL on supper sunny days or sunsets for example just dont quite cut it.

Just want it to help with me using Auto as i am no good with manual settings ha

Thanks for any help
I have a set of ND filters from DitzCo. They are very light and work well. They are cut from sheets of plastic so they will scratch easier than a glass filter. But they are inexpensive and will not throw off the balance of the gimbal.

I got some from amazon and they work great and weren't to expensive. I gotta find the order but I'll look in a little while and post what ones I got. I bought them 2x. I have ND 4,8,16,32, and 64. I use the ND16 most of the time. On very sunny days the lower ones didn't seem to work as good.
Yup, bought mine from Amazon... I love the ND32 filter on sunny days. Works like a charm!

I have a set of ND filters from DitzCo. They are very light and work well. They are cut from sheets of plastic so they will scratch easier than a glass filter. But they are inexpensive and will not throw off the balance of the gimbal.
Same here. Primary reason for me to go this route is because glass filters are heavier and seem to put some strain on the gimbal, with some people even reporting that image quality was affected (gimbal slow in keeping up with AC movements).
DitzCo filters are as light as they can be, but require extra care to avoid scratches and bends (wrinkles).

Anyone got a link to the correct filters of these DitzCo ones you guys have got? Thanks

Polar Pro has the Set Polarized, N4, N8, and Case
around $65 the Standard has a Smaller Camera than the rest... so don't believe the Ads.... that "THEIR" stuff, fits ALL 3's...

Hi, did you find the link?
Thanks

How heavy are they? I went with the DitzCo filters because they weigh next to nothing and I wanted to avoid stressing out the gimbal.
they are very light weight I've used them for a month now flying for several hours a day no ill effects on my gimbal so far. each one weighs in at 4.3 grams

Polar Pro has the Set Polarized, N4, N8, and Case
around $65 the Standard has a Smaller Camera than the rest... so don't believe the Ads.... that "THEIR" stuff, fits ALL 3's...
the set I have fits my p3 standard and my p3 4K the camera on my 4K is different then the standard one and as far as I know is the same cam that's on the pro

I have these for my P4Adv
Bower Sky Capture Series Five-Piece Filter Kit SCS-FK5PH4PRO B&H
and also the same brand for my P3 4K
Bower Sky Capture Series Four-Piece Filter Kit SCS-FK4PH B&H
These filters are great you will get a great contrast on your images or footage.
One tip to improve is to use manual settings with the filters, if you use auto the camera compensate for the use of the filter and you maybe end up with a good image better than without a filter, but will not be as good as the one doing things manually. I did not use auto on my birds, but coming from a photography background all cameras behave the same when it comes to exposure.

Last edited:
thanks for the info, prob is they wownt work on the 3 Standard as i need push on.

I totally get what you mean about manual settings, ive tried but just got awful footage, could not seem to get the sharpness without the noise. Auto is an issue as can see it compensate so i have to do a lot of editing an cutting of my clips when editing my vids but its better than n

Reactions: Nestmac
thanks for the info, prob is they wownt work on the 3 Standard as i need push on.

I totally get what you mean about manual settings, ive tried but just got awful footage, could not seem to get the sharpness without the noise. Auto is an issue as can see it compensate so i have to do a lot of editing an cutting of my clips when editing my vids but its better than n
Is always better to underexpose than to overexpose, you can open the shadows in post, but bringing back highlights is a pain. Depending on the brightness of the day use a ND8 or ND16, then set the iso to 100 or 200, after that since you can't control the aperture because is a fixed one, what you want to do is play with the shutter speed, always watch the - + exposure and adjust as necessary, you will have to make some adjustments depending on the light, but most of the time these are minor changes. If you are going to process the footage on Final Cut or Premiere don't use any of the presets, make the footage on D-Log or Cine-Log. I hope this help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.