Phantom 3 standard- max altitude

Still only hit 400ft today- I think it is because I am close to an airport

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I could be wrong but if you change your location on your phone or tablet to US or Canada it may make a difference.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I think there is a restriction built into the app if you are close to an airport or no fly zone- I have the new app and I believe it is a safety feature but thanks

If you are close to airport. It will not fly. So that's not issue. Unless you are outside the 3 mile zone of major airport. Anyway the max is 500m not feet. 1640 ft. Go in settings and make sure it is there
e258db7d4a681c288ec6e99d405bb71d.jpg

Today I went to a beach not near an airport and I hit over 600 feet- makes me believe if you are close to and airport app regulates to 400ft here in Ny. Great day for a flight see viedo
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did you land on the sand? I would be worried about getting sand all over it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi all-

What is the max height/altitude the ps 3 can reach? I have hot 400ft only. I took it out of beginner mode, just curious as I can not find a max altitude rating.

Does the phantom regulate the height based on variables?

In my experience, the P3S has been able to reach about 1,100 to 1,200 feet before losing signal and initiating RTH.

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    275.7 KB · Views: 330
Mine will do the max 1640 feet.
But you can't be directly underneath it.
Move it off a couple hundred feet.

But are there certain things that will limit the max altitude? I can only reach 400ft max in my area- not that I want to go over 1k but I am curious as I feel like I am limited- I am flying the bird at 5 miles from an airport but any other things contribute to low altitude?

As a pilot of human carrying aircraft, and a drone flyer , I think you are one of the special kind of people who should not be let anywhere near a drone or any other kind of of UAV.....for your own safety and that of others.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
Hi all-

What is the max height/altitude the ps 3 can reach? I have hot 400ft only. I took it out of beginner mode, just curious as I can not find a max altitude rating.

Does the phantom regulate the height based on variables?

I reached the 500 meters limit (1650 feet) with the ArgTek antennas, could of gone much higher but app wont let us..And the view is crazy from that high..

But are there certain things that will limit the max altitude? I can only reach 400ft max in my area- not that I want to go over 1k but I am curious as I feel like I am limited- I am flying the bird at 5 miles from an airport but any other things contribute to low altitude?

Depending on the class of airspace you are in the software will limit your altitude. You should go online and buy a pilots sectional map. It will show you the class of airspace you are in as well as the boundaries of the restricted airspace associated with your local airport. Commercial UAS pilots are not allowed to fly within class B, C, & D airspace without contacting the local ATC center. It would be a good idea if you are didn't either.

Reactions: Philltayl
I think there is a restriction built into the app if you are close to an airport or no fly zone- I have the new app and I believe it is a safety feature but thanks

Yes, think your correct. That there's two different NFZ limits. The inner circle is a complete NFZ, and an outer circle is a height limit imposed by the Go app or FW of the AC.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31