Phantom 3 standard- max altitude

Reaction score
Hi all-

What is the max height/altitude the ps 3 can reach? I have hot 400ft only. I took it out of beginner mode, just curious as I can not find a max altitude rating.

Does the phantom regulate the height based on variables?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Max height is 1,640 feet (limited by software)

But are there certain things that will limit the max altitude? I can only reach 400ft max in my area- not that I want to go over 1k but I am curious as I feel like I am limited- I am flying the bird at 5 miles from an airport but any other things contribute to low altitude?

But are there certain things that will limit the max altitude? I can only reach 400ft max in my area- not that I want to go over 1k but I am curious as I feel like I am limited- I am flying the bird at 5 miles from an airport but any other things contribute to low altitude?

Then go in and change your settings when connected to aircraft. At which point it will give you a warning. Like so. Which you must agree to. Then you can go high.
3e20e3169ede6ed7cd1feb7d1d652eaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile

I have done that already and set to 500m but I only can get 400ft- strange

Then maybe there is an internal max limit set in Europe. Not sure how.

I have done that already and set to 500m but I only can get 400ft- strange
Which Go app version are you using? I'm on v2.4.3 (the one with 1080p60) and it lets me climb to 500m.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Squirrel!
500 meters

Guess what. The new version of DJI GO limits max altitude to 120 Meters and worse yet, Fail-Safe return altitude is 30 Meters max. Don't update DJI Go unless you have very short trees and no tall buildings around.

Guess what. The new version of DJI GO limits max altitude to 120 Meters and worse yet, Fail-Safe return altitude is 30 Meters max. Don't update DJI Go unless you have very short trees and no tall buildings around.

Where did you obtain this info from???

Where did you obtain this info from???
Personal experience I just downloaded DJI GO APC and that is the first thing I noticed. I have an earlier version on another phone that, thank heavens, I can still set to 500 Meters. I am calling DJI about this now I'll get back with what they're saying or if there are any over-rides.

Which software update is this? I checked my updates in the app store, but there isn't a new update for DJI GO.

Personal experience I just downloaded DJI GO APC and that is the first thing I noticed. I have an earlier version on another phone that, thank heavens, I can still set to 500 Meters. I am calling DJI about this now I'll get back with what they're saying or if there are any over-rides.

What version do you have?
I have v2.6.0 and constantly do 1000+

What version do you have?
I have v2.6.0 and constantly do 1000+
Not sure. Just downloaded it from Google Play yesterday. I just got off the phone with DJI and the csr says he doesn't know anything about it. I'm still suspicious since max altitude always defaults back to 120 meters after I try to change it which is 393.7 ft. (the FAA's max altitude for drones.) That I can live with but 30 meters max for fail-safe is definitely not cool.

Not sure. Just downloaded it from Google Play yesterday. I just got off the phone with DJI and the csr says he doesn't know anything about it. I'm still suspicious since max altitude always defaults back to 120 meters after I try to change it which is 393.7 ft. (the FAA's max altitude for drones.) That I can live with but 30 meters max for fail-safe is definitely not cool.
Are you changing setting while connected to drone? That's mostly how the setting does not stay in place. I want to remove the 500m Max anyway.

Which software update is this? I checked my updates in the app store, but there isn't a new update for DJI GO.

Not sure just downloaded it yesterday. Going to delete it and see if it's a problem with my tablet. Doesn't seem like it but I suppose it's possible. What makes me suspicious is 120 meters is 393.7 ft which is darn close to the FAA's max altitude for drones in the US.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Still only hit 400ft- the limited altitude must be because I am close to the airport- check the video .

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers