Phantom 3 standard GPS problem

Reaction score
Hi, I've been flying my Dji Phantom 3 standard for a while now, but when I review my flights the location is always off more than 1 km. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Hi, I've been flying my Dji Phantom 3 standard for a while now, but when I review my flights the location is always off more than 1 km. Does anybody know how to fix this?
The compass will not be \be related to this at all.
If your Phantom flies straight and hovers without slowly spiraling, your compass is fine.
It would be really unusual if the GPS is giving wrong readings (more than unusual - it just doesn't happen).
So to get to the bottom of the issue, can go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Make it a flight from somewhere with distinct features (not a huge field of grass etc) so we can relate the Phantom's GPS position to locations on the ground.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and we'll see if we can solve the mystery.

The compass will not be \be related to this at all.
If your Phantom flies straight and hovers without slowly spiraling, your compass is fine.
It would be really unusual if the GPS is giving wrong readings (more than unusual - it just doesn't happen).
So to get to the bottom of the issue, can go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Make it a flight from somewhere with distinct features (not a huge field of grass etc) so we can relate the Phantom's GPS position to locations on the ground.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and we'll see if we can solve the mystery.
MBPII4X4HMJ8HTIV2J6M
this is the link

This is what the flight log shows:
i-BmGbKNH-L.jpg

Does that match the area you flew or were you a kilometre away?

I'm wondering if the issue might have been that you noticed a point on the map in DJI Go that was 1km away from where you were.

This is what the flight log shows:
i-BmGbKNH-L.jpg

Does that match the area you flew or were you a kilometre away?

I'm wondering if the issue might have been that you noticed a point on the map in DJI Go that was 1km away from where you were.

Yes it matches the area I flew in. And yes the Dji Go app shows a point that is off by quite far.

Have you calibrated the compass?

This basic misunderstanding just won't go away.

Compass is to establish/maintain heading, not position.

Yes it matches the area I flew in. And yes the Dji Go app shows a point that is off by quite far.
Something is affecting the way the app displays locations but the GPS in the Phantom is working properly as it has plotted the flight correctly.
There are some settings in the app that are related to special issues with GPS in China.
I'd try looking at those and seeing how changing them affects the app display of location.

Something is affecting the way the app displays locations but the GPS in the Phantom is working properly as it has plotted the flight correctly.
There are some settings in the app that are related to special issues with GPS in China.
I'd try looking at those and seeing how changing them affects the app display of location.
Thanks a lot. I will try viewing these settings.

Sorry to bother you, but how do you access these settings? Thanks again

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madsessions