PHANTOM 3 STANDARD (Changing To Imperial Measurement)

Reaction score
I changed the setting from Metric to Imperial, but everything in the GO App is still in Metric. Is anyone else experiencing this? Why would they put the setting in there if it does nothing at all?

It changes telemetry data for me, but many settings are still metric. The fail safe rth height not changing is beyond ridiculous, such an easy thing to fix too. that's a clear sign of laziness imo.

I changed the setting from Metric to Imperial, but everything in the GO App is still in Metric. Is anyone else experiencing this? Why would they put the setting in there if it does nothing at all?
Did you have your Phantom connected when you were doing this?
And as mentioned above, RTH will still be in metres but everything else should be as you want it..
i-S553ZFv-L.png

Reactions: Jussaguy
It changes it on the telemetry and it will set it back every time you turn off the bird. You'll get used to meters and understand them better if you just leave it.

For long distances, meters are a better metric anyway because its less feet. Its 3:1 so when dealing with such hight and distance, I think better to use meters.

It WILL change it on the telemetry though once you fly the bird if you change it to imperial. It will still read meters on certain parts of the software. Cant remember if its everywhere or just the telemetry changes. Can't remember.

But if you changed it, launch and you will see that your distance, height, etc are all in feet but it WILL change back when you reset the bird. It is weird that it wouldn't just stay in imperial. Not hard to just make that a setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys. I guess Ill just leave it in metric instead of having to change it back every flight. There;s already enough things to check for a safe flight without adding that to the pre-flight, huh, Thanks again guys.

Thanks guys. I guess Ill just leave it in metric instead of having to change it back every flight. There;s already enough things to check for a safe flight without adding that to the pre-flight, huh, Thanks again guys.

????
You don't have to change it back every flight.
If it's not staying - you haven't done it right

Reactions: dirkclod
????
OK, I was just going by what someone else posted, but looking back in the app, it did stay in Imperial, just that it doesn't change most of the readouts to imperial. DJI needs to get someone who can program their software. Thanks so much everyone.

????
Then I'm not doing it right either because I always have to set it back to Imperial on every flight (on two of my DJIs).

I haven't upgraded yet.

I set mine once and its fine. As others have stated though in RTH setting the faiilsafe altitude its ALWAYS in meters...

I set mine once and its fine. As others have stated though in RTH setting the faiilsafe altitude its ALWAYS in meters...
For me, EVERYTHING is in metric with the exception of the telemetry and I have to reset it every time if I want imperial.

To be honest, I don't care anymore and i think I actually prefer meters, because relatively speaking, I now have a better idea of what 200 meters is vs 600 feet. I am just curious as to why I can't change it if everyone else can. Strange.

I wish they would have taught us metric instead of imperial in school. What a joke.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31