Phantom 3 Standard Antennas

Reaction score
What antennas do you guys use, I'm going to order DBS for phantom 3 standard but wanted to see what else there is

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

What do you plan on doing? Long distance flights. I have the dbs panel and boosters and a 5.8 helical. Check out horizon fpv antennas.. they have a new one coming out soon for our standards and should be better than the small dbs panel...but it all depends on what you want to. There are more options now for the standard

What do you plan on doing? Long distance flights. I have the dbs panel and boosters and a 5.8 helical. Check out horizon fpv antennas.. they have a new one coming out soon for our standards and should be better than the small dbs panel...but it all depends on what you want to. There are more options now for the standard
Yeah looking to do long distance flights

Reactions: dirkclod
A guy on here is a distance flyer...goes by the name Dirtybum cgeck out some of his threads...hes tested pretty much everything and has got crazy distance with the phantom..hes going to be testing a new one soon This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

I'm interested in getting more range, too.

I read through the first 10 or so pages of Dirtybum's thread, but it's pretty sophisticated territory I'm not sure I want to get into. I'm interested in keeping my remote somewhat compact as well.

Right now my max distance is 1200 feet, and max altitude is just over 1000 feet. I'd love to get my distance to 5000 feet, but nothing crazy. Nothing close to Dirtybum's 40,000 :D

I've wondered if it'd be better to watch for a Phantom 3 Advanced remote in the classifieds or go with the DBS Standard.

I read through the first 10 or so pages of Dirtybum's thread, but it's pretty sophisticated territory I'm not sure I want to get into. I'm interested in keeping my remote somewhat compact as well.

Right now my max distance is 1200 feet, and max altitude is just over 1000 feet. I'd love to get my distance to 5000 feet, but nothing crazy. Nothing close to Dirtybum's 40,000 :D

I've wondered if it'd be better to watch for a Phantom 3 Advanced remote in the classifieds or go with the DBS Standard.

I feel the same way I don't want any sophisticated antennas that go 40,000 ft. I want some thing around a $100 that will let me go at least a mile.
I'm going with DBS because it's $115, pretty simple to install, and I've seen some videos on YouTube of people getting almost 3 miles out of it.

The asvanced and pro remotes wont work with the srandard. Look at the last few pages of this is going to be fun...Tony has got well over 5000' with the dbs on his standard. You shiuld easily make your 5000' goal and then some with the dbs panel if your in a non congested area!

If your looking for a mile or two the DBS is more than enough...but when you want mire range (and you probably will) just add boosters

Here you go

Attachments

• 1464784531404.jpg
    1464784531404.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 416
Reactions: JamesO
Still doing testing..where i fly is super dense woods and sunk in a bowl...stock was under a 1000' in this spot...i was abke to go over 4000' aiming in the wrong direction lol...didnt lose connection long enough for RTH but i turned around anyway...this how bad it is..check it out

Attachments

• 1464796483514.jpg
    1464796483514.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 355
  • 1464796497492.jpg
    1464796497492.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 367
Thanks, guys. I ordered the DBS.

@Procharged97, the blue cables are rad. Can you point me to where I can find some?
Sure just go on eBay and search for rg402 sma's cables...there will be a bunch. Your going to need SMA Male for the antenna side and RP-SMA Male for the rc side... I would get the right angle connectors since the blue rg402 cable is pretty stiff. Hey post some results before and after the DBS mod!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Holy cow....forget line of sight! lol Looks like an awesome place to live.
It is nice out here but sucks for distance flying!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sure just go on eBay and search for rg402 sma's cables...there will be a bunch. Your going to need SMA Male for the antenna side and RP-SMA Male for the rc side... I would get the right angle connectors since the blue rg402 cable is pretty stiff. Hey post some results before and after the DBS mod!!!

I will! Thanks for your help.

james i get about the same. id like 300 to 400 feet max. main reason is there is a building id like to be able to fly around and to do so i need 3100 feet max distance to do this

Thanks, guys. I ordered the DBS.

@Procharged97, the blue cables are rad. Can you point me to where I can find some?
I have the blue cables as well but I would recommend getting different ones that aren't so stiff. They have some better ones that are softer and bend better. I found them after I got the blue ones and i spent alot of money on them and didn't want them to go to waste. Long story but I'll search around to find a link later.

Reactions: JamesO

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers