Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

After reading this thread, I decided to take the plunge to install DBS01 antenna.
Here's some picture of the finished product, no drilling involved.
View attachment 33572
View attachment 33573
View attachment 33574
Cool bro :)
Just did mine this morning and did one test run . I drilled though IMG_1579.JPG The only thing I didn't like about his new kit was the cable's . I used them but just ordered 3 more to replace them . I like the bigger one better IMG_1578.JPG .Is no issue to change them out and would like to get shorter out side ones to keep it neater.17909.jpg I think it might be better shorter ...maybe not but that's what I want .
Where I did my test I normally only get 2000' but got this and was losing 5.8 which seemed strange to me as it's normally the 2.4 that goes first .
Just needs some tweaking ;) Luv's it

can not wait till my one turns up and i can do it
i like the idea of not drilling and just going straight through the existing antenna section (good work) :)

Just did mine this morning and did one test run . I drilled though View attachment 33576 The only thing I didn't like about his new kit was the cable's . I used them but just ordered 3 more to replace them . I like the bigger one better View attachment 33577 .Is no issue to change them out and would like to get shorter out side ones to keep it neater.View attachment 33578 I think it might be better shorter ...maybe not but that's what I want .
Where I did my test I normally only get 2000' but got this and was losing 5.8 which seemed strange to me as it's normally the 2.4 that goes first .
Over a mile - That's awesome!

Reactions: dirkclod
Over a mile - That's awesome!
I've got farther than that stock but was in a different place . Gotta do some tweaking and try there ;)

Just did mine this morning and did one test run . I drilled though View attachment 33576 The only thing I didn't like about his new kit was the cable's . I used them but just ordered 3 more to replace them . I like the bigger one better View attachment 33577 .Is no issue to change them out and would like to get shorter out side ones to keep it neater.View attachment 33578 I think it might be better shorter ...maybe not but that's what I want .
I took a close look at your photos - What's that toggle switch for? Any other special tweaks you've done? I did the DBS01 on mine too. Only got about 3,200' before I started losing video. I'm happy with that, but getting over a mile is crazy.

I took a close look at your photos - What's that toggle switch for? Any other special tweaks you've done? I did the DBS01 on mine too. Only got about 3,200' before I started losing video. I'm happy with that, but getting over a mile is crazy.
It's a slow yaw switch a member here makes and have one on my P2V . Here's what it does . ...I went fast hard left yaw first then flipped switch
and you see what it does . I like using it as it helps me not be so jerky when yawing .

You might see 2 clips there but the one through the lens is this one . You can make it even go slower by not giving it as much stick .

It's a slow yaw switch a member here makes and have one on my P2V . Here's what it does . ...I went fast hard left yaw first then flipped switch
and you see what it does . I like using it as it helps me not be so jerky when yawing .

You might see 2 clips there but the one through the lens is this one . You can make it even go slower by not giving it as much stick .
Is cool as it's plug and play and light's up when on .
IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1570.JPG

hey guys anyone else ordered anything lately from DBSMods? I have ordered a DBS01 for my P3S and due to AU shipping i cant track the order.

I sent the guys an email a few days ago asking for a tracking number that works in AU but havent heard a peep out of them.

are they normally unresponsive??

hey guys anyone else ordered anything lately from DBSMods? I have ordered a DBS01 for my P3S and due to AU shipping i cant track the order.

I sent the guys an email a few days ago asking for a tracking number that works in AU but havent heard a peep out of them.

are they normally unresponsive??
just to give all an update if this ever comes up...

package arrived today.

VERY well packed.

You can go back through this thread to see when i ordered it but shipping time was approx 1-2 weeks to AU

just to give all an update if this ever comes up...

package arrived today.

VERY well packed.

You can go back through this thread to see when i ordered it but shipping time was approx 1-2 weeks to AU
Glad your wait is over Dave and do let us know how your install goes and what distance you gain !

Yes Dave please do! I've got some screenshots of my flight recorder. These are just 2, but on the average I am getting about 4000' max distance. I'd like to try it out in the far country, where there is no wifi interference at all. Might be able to get a little more...........I know guys like Dataa were getting around 2.4 miles I've heard? Still this is much better than the roughly 1000' I was getting prior to the DBS01 mod!

Attachments

• Flight Record 1.jpg
    Flight Record 1.jpg
    430.9 KB · Views: 398
  • Flight Record 2.jpg
    Flight Record 2.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 449
I still haven't got mine tweaked enough yet and not been to my spot where I always get the best distance but just got this this evening.
IMG_1614.PNG I started losing 2.4 when I leaned over to get the screen shot . I've had one of these panels on my P2V and it seems to me ya just have to work with it. Like the cables that came with this .
I used them till I got the thicker insulated ones . Black ones just to thin for me and after using them I changed them out and did get better .
cables.JPG Now I have some 4" cables for the panel ordered instead of those long ones they send with the panel and hope to see a difference using them .

Dirk this is great! Why didn't I think of that? Where did you get those cables, on Amazon? And these are the internal cables you changed out right? I think the outer ones are already insulated.

Dirk this is great! Why didn't I think of that? Where did you get those cables, on Amazon? And these are the internal cables you changed out right? I think the outer ones are already insulated.
Yes they are the enternal ones .
Those cables came from Tony ( FPVLR ) as that's where I get antennas and stuff . I know he sends good stuff but ya can get those in lots of places .
The outer cables are insulated good but seems to me shorter would be better , I don't know but gonna see . These are like what I have coming but are 4" and these are 6" I got 3 coming .FB_IMG_1438639709870.jpg All I know to do is try this stuff and see what works the best for me .
I did all the rubber ducky and other stuff with the other birds I have had and found I had been just wasting my time when I should have just got the good stuff to start with . But ya gotta learn someway .

Yes they are the enternal ones .
Those cables came from Tony ( FPVLR ) as that's where I get antennas and stuff . I know he sends good stuff but ya can get those in lots of places .
The outer cables are insulated good but seems to me shorter would be better , I don't know but gonna see . These are like what I have coming but are 4" and these are 6" I got 3 coming .View attachment 33909 All I know to do is try this stuff and see what works the best for me .
I did all the rubber ducky and other stuff with the other birds I have had and found I had been just wasting my time when I should have just got the good stuff to start with . But ya gotta learn someway .
Those cables might not change anything but till I try em I won't know :)

Glad your wait is over Dave and do let us know how your install goes and what distance you gain !
will do man - just to let everyone know that as much as im sure i will get a significant range increase, my P3S out of the box has been "flawless" (read between the lines: i havent experienced signal issues in normal flight and have flown upto 400mtrs away). However when flying at that distance, the signal was dropping and i want a stronger / clearer / higher quality signal to fly with.

If i get more range, fantastic... i primarily want to get a clearer and stronger signal however. But i will DEF try and get some range too when i go bush ;) you know... cause you can :D #rangebug

hey guys - all good and im inside my controller :D

just a quick question. There are 2x 2.4G antenna sockets. Do these need to be connected to the ITELITE antenna in any particular order / way.

I assume (please correct me if im wrong) that the 5.8ghz antenna get connected to port 1.

i assume (please correct me if im wrong) that the 2.4ghz antennas get connected to port 2 and 3 but it doesnt matter which goes into what. Is that correct?

thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31