Phantom 3 STANDARD antenna upgrade

Reaction score
Does anyone know if and where there's a kit to upgrade the phantom 3 Standard versions antennas ? Want more distance and reliable connection signal quality. I know all 3 antennas are just 2.4ghz and easily removed from the controller just what antennas do you need other than 3 pigtails to the board ?

Reactions: DBS
For an additional $200 you can get 1.2 miles. The kit is the Phantom 3 Advanced.
It was a gift so I'm trying to make the best of it. And the other thread just like you knocks the p3s. And is very vague on actual equipment for the upgrade. If you want to offer good information great if your just knocking us unfortunate soles who got a p3s move along.

Keep a eye on FPVLR and DBS elite, they will have a mod kit for them soon enough no doubt. I would contact tony at FPVLR, he will be all over this and have the upgrades on his website as soon as he is done. He will have them going plenty far enough don't worry about that.

Reactions: Fplvert
Why so grumpy?

Welcome to the forum, Dataa2, hopefully you'll get some help here!

There's plenty of mods you can do to increase your range. The first one I'd try is a simple windsurfer type.
http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/diy-antenna-booster-for-phantom-3.47516/
Not grumpy just find it counter productive for people to tell you your rig is the issue. Am I correct the mods for the vision are the same for the p3s ? There's not much info on the subject of modding a p3s just allot of smack talk. So the DBS mod for vision is the same for p3s. It's 2.4ghz ? Lots of 5ghz stuff out there.

As far as I know, you're the first one looking to mod your P3S for more range.

I do know that your bird uses wifi 2.4 ghz so the Vision mods should work. There's a sticky thread on the P2V+ forum you might check out.

Reactions: dirkclod
It was a gift so I'm trying to make the best of it. And the other thread just like you knocks the p3s. And is very vague on actual equipment for the upgrade. If you want to offer good information great if your just knocking us unfortunate soles who got a p3s move along.
My apologies, I did not think anyone had a Standard yet. If that were the case I was recommending going with the Advanced because you wanted distance. You will need to wait. I'm sure someone is working on better antennas, it will just be a few months before they would be announced.

So basically box it back up. Hock it on eBay and get an advanced ?
To be honest, I would. Lightbridge is awesome.

Does anyone know if and where there's a kit to upgrade the phantom 3 Standard versions antennas ? Want more distance and reliable connection signal quality. I know all 3 antennas are just 2.4ghz and easily removed from the controller just what antennas do you need other than 3 pigtails to the board ?

No the radio control is 5.8ghz and the fpv feed is 2.4 ghz. The P3 Standard works like the P2 Vision plus . You can likely get any mod kid for the vision / vision plus for it

Reactions: robiefield
So basically box it back up. Hock it on eBay and get an advanced ?

The P3S will turn out to be a big hit. The LightBridge in the P3A and P3P is very cool tech but the lower cost P3S along with a camera performance twist (2.7K) creates a very competitive market price point.

Dataa2. .. I have a few pieces of tech that can make the P3S fly into places a P3A, P3P, or Inspire 1 can't close close to doing.

I sent you a PM. Please read.

Reactions: rytenuff and TWebb
Would really love to see some pictures of inside the TX of the way the extender is set up and how the antenna cables are attached for both
the 2.4 and 5.8 .
It seems to me you could take the itelite panel for the Plus and add the attachment that holds it to the P and A and that would give you more distance.
Need pictures !!!

Would really love to see some pictures of inside the TX of the way the extender is set up and how the antenna cables are attached for both
the 2.4 and 5.8 .
It seems to me you could take the itelite panel for the Plus and add the attachment that holds it to the P and A and that would give you more distance.
Need pictures !!!
I've got a DBS mod coming. As soon as I get it I'll open up the rc and post pix

I've got a DBS mod coming. As soon as I get it I'll open up the rc and post pix
Have you stretched it out yet so you can see just what the panel adds ?

As far as I know, you're the first one looking to mod your P3S for more range.

I do know that your bird uses wifi 2.4 ghz so the Vision mods should work. There's a sticky thread on the P2V+ forum you might check out.
Hey dawg.. I find this funny cause as well as you know me and you seen it when it was announced at the same time as I did It was 2.4 and 5.8
you had to know my wheels were spinning :D
I just love making them do what they say they won't !
I know it's not like the others but the camera is better than the FC200 and without that sonar thing or whatever it is which I wouldn't need anyway
leaves a good spot for my tracker .
I do wish it had a camera button on the TX . Now if it had the same functions with the S1 and S2 as mine does ya know I would be drooling :)
I do like to wish a lot huh :rolleyes:

Reactions: Fplvert
Have you stretched it out yet so you can see just what the panel adds ?
In a wide open clear area miles from anyone's wifi I get about 1km range anything betond that it just starts to drop the link and it returns home. I'm hoping to get around 2 or 3 km. but anything beyond 1 km I'd be happy.

In a wide open clear area miles from anyone's wifi I get about 1km range anything betond that it just starts to drop the link and it returns home. I'm hoping to get around 2 or 3 km. but anything beyond 1 km I'd be happy.
Well you have tried so you will know !!!
Can't wait to see your results after the panel is installed :)

You get 1600ft crystal clear HD reception on a P3S I have seen it in action with trees in full leave and building in the way too!! - Why have more as its distance is limited to this by the GO app anyway - it cant go any further.!!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31